Wesmantrx

TRX 450es gear shift problem

Hi guys 

having trouble finding the fault

so can shift from neutral to 5th and back down no problem but won’t go into reverse!

Tryed to pull the lever that reverse cable connects to at the back off the engine but won’t go in and can’t hear the shift motor trying, 

will go in with the back up foot lever and back into neutral but if I do that she won’t take any gear and have to turn her off and back on and she will shift up gears then! 
If anyone can point me in the right direction it will be greatly appreciated 

thanks 

2 minutes ago, Wesmantrx said:

Hi guys 

having trouble finding the fault

so can shift from neutral to 5th and back down no problem but won’t go into reverse!

Tryed to pull the lever that reverse cable connects to at the back off the engine but won’t go in and can’t hear the shift motor trying, 

will go in with the back up foot lever and back into neutral but if I do that she won’t take any gear and have to turn her off and back on and she will shift up gears then! 
If anyone can point me in the right direction it will be greatly appreciated 

thanks 

bad angle sensor ?, or the bolt got lose at the shift drum behind front cover ?. my money say's the angle sensor is bad. if you do buy a angle sensor ?..DON'T CHEAP OUT ON ONE FROM AMAZON OR EBAY !!. buy it from someone that sells oem honda parts !.

8 minutes ago, shadetree said:

bad angle sensor ?, or the bolt got lose at the shift drum behind front cover ?. my money say's the angle sensor is bad. if you do buy a angle sensor ?..DON'T CHEAP OUT ON ONE FROM AMAZON OR EBAY !!. buy it from someone that sells oem honda parts !.

Did try a cheap eBay angle sensor but still the same! Will check that bolt and try a genuine sensor if that’s not loose! Thanks 

There’s a wire on the back of the engine, and if it pulls off the ES’s won’t go into reverse with the buttons.  Look and see if it’s pulled off or has a dirty connector 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm with Jeep, check to see if the reverse lockout is unplugged.

• Thanks 1