Snow Camo

SkullCandy 87 200sx

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Usually I know something about bigger tires , even though I have had a few 200SXs , that is the one ATV that  I have never put bigger tires on one ,  I would think you have enough room to go up two sizes in the front and back , I think I wouldn't go more than one inch bigger , cause it is going to choke it down -----  I know from having a 200X  , the chain needs to be adjusted and chain and sprockets replaced a lot   , maybe it was riding in slop and water made chain wear worst , it you don't keep up with the chain adjustment , you take a chance of damaging the case from the chain rubbing a hole in it , a case protector is a good thing , if you can still find them 

Thanks for the heads up. You do have a very good point.  22 inch tires will be fine for the rear.  I'll just see what I can find that will fit a 12x7 inch wheel. I kinda limited the options when I got the rear wheels. I did not realize that until I searched when I got them. There are a lot of turf tires. 

If it's going to cut power that bad I'll stick with 22s

8 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

No worries as you can see by my LACK of typing i was wired ..... And i hate this on screen keyboard..... Sheesh....Who new tea had that much caffeine  ........lol! 

Good times lol!

• Haha 1

On 12/11/2022 at 10:58 AM, Fishfiles said:

Thanks for looking up and posting that 200SX cart video , that might lite a fire under my butt  to finish it  !

These are both the same carts , EZGO Workhorse ST350s , OEM came with a 350 Kawasaki 2 cylinder , the red one runs , needs the carb cleaned has about 6 inches of lift ------  the black one is the 200SX project , I started out putting a 300 Fourtrax engine with the shaft driven swing arm set up , then switched to 200SX  , it has about 16 inches of lift , hydraulic disc conversion , I have another actuated lift bed for the SX cart  project ,    going with a jack shaft , should be 5.26 ratio , those are 25 inch tall tires , what is the 200SX stock tire height in the rear ??   Like 22s ??? 

rMN54V0ORkeGyQyDdUnYJA.jpg

pAMSRKFbTvi%f1dSkkpbFg.jpg

Ii5gLljASu2W%0foWqOO1Q.jpg

OWNiCo5+TQqUbJ22pZKz5w.jpg

qXR%+GoCTcCitx5rj2uEeA.jpg

meKsQ0v8TlGDdjzkPOh46A.jpg

Here's another go-cart swap for some winter motivation. 🍻 

https://youtu.be/g0qCEr6tpic

https://youtu.be/dM8di3fTr7M

Edited by Snow Camo
  • Like 2

The front brake drums arrived. They do fit, but I notice an area of little concern. I will have to take some measurements to get to figure it out. Plus with the extra offset it may just matter. However it looks like they used larger bearings on the outer. Looks to be about a 1/4 inch or so difference between old and new outer bearings, which is noticed i. The second picture. It also looks like they used 4 bearings. I will take the hubs apart and clean them up, grease the bearings, measure and replace with new ones if need be. I am happy for now.

20221220_160201.jpg

20221220_160325.jpg

20221220_160342.jpg

20221220_160446.jpg

20221220_160515.jpg

• Like 2

I thought about the spindle enough I searched. I did find an obvious difference that will lead me to buy the new spindle design. Note the differences between the first and second spindles. 

s-l400 (1).jpg

s-l400 (4).jpg

Just now, Fishfiles said:

I can't play that on my rig , unless I lower my standards , LOL 

I had to download. I'm still in the testing phase as I'm not a computer genuine lol. Was it the file type?

On 12/20/2022 at 7:41 PM, Snow Camo said:

I thought about the spindle enough I searched. I did find an obvious difference that will lead me to buy the new spindle design. Note the differences between the first and second spindles. 

s-l400 (1).jpg

s-l400 (4).jpg

I can't see any difference , it would help to have them both pictured facing in the same direction 

1 minute ago, Fishfiles said:

I can't see any difference , it would help to have them both pictured facing in the same direction 

The spindle on the old has a step down where the new does not.

s-l400 (3).jpg

s-l400 (1).jpg

Edited by Snow Camo

4 minutes ago, Snow Camo said:

The spindle on the old has a step down where the new does not.

I might see it now what your talking about , maybe it would work with  different bearings / seal and hub 

Yea I though different bearings would do. First I'll see if the newer steering knuckles will fit if not I'll be on the hunt for new bearings. 

1 hour ago, Snow Camo said:

Sound upload test...

URecorder_20221224_071059.mp3 236.78 kB · 2 downloads

Ok this is a 27°F cold start with no choke.

I just got a kick out of you calling 27° cold lol. We saw a high yesterday of -2. Today we may get out of the negatives. Wind chill was -30 yesterday. Today wind chill should be single digits to teens. Gunna feel like a heat wave monday with a high of 15° lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well I think I broke the starter recoil...

Or did I🤔😁. Found a other project for this project lol. 

I could not get the paint to stick properly, so I came up with an idea. See through window?

More time then money is a bad thing lol.

20221226_073329.jpg

20221226_073407.jpg

20221226_073600.jpg

Edited by Snow Camo

Well I made some progress yesterday. I figure if I am going to make a channel I have to make this thing appeasing to the eye. I did plan to start the channel Christmas day, but I got to looking at the quad and knew I needed to make it look better. 

I used my torches and the same rods to braze a bolt to the factory pull- start bolt. I used a ceramic grinding disk I had laying around wheel for viewing purposes. I will swap the grinding disk for a small saw blade. I am trying to source plexiglass with the engraving in the picture to be the see through window. A little grinding to smooth out the rough edges, plexiglass and paint it will be done.

Creativity is one of man's best traits. This shows you can do anything you put your mind to. 

Plus I just gained 5hp! 🤣🤣🤣😂

HONDA TRX200SX Pull start delete wording.png

20221226_152645.jpg

Edited by Snow Camo

On December 24, 2022 at 8:47 AM, Snow Camo said:

Yeah us down south folk do not know cold !. If it gets to to 32°F most  call in sick and stay home haha.

We don't ?? I think we have after that last blast... Lol!.....i don't think anyone around here where i live will ever get over the shock... The service man i talked with said they have been buried alive doing repairs... He has to be a smart a-- country boy after he made this comment... Said yeah...If i had the money I'd find some how to invest in some well known stocks... My guess is well known companies that produce central heat and air systems.... He said after this mess people will Be having new systems installed.....right and left ... And i said thank you ill be seeing y'all soon, and  Mine isn't even old and she gave up... Said city crews were ripping holes fixing water line breaks... Power company friend of mine said it's not been this bad seance the paralyzingly storms of freezing precipt of 96..... Some still call it the storm of the century .... No idea what this will be dubbed ..... I'm good with calling it WTF of 2022.... I'm sure some idiot will be thinking which wrestling match of 2022 was that ? Lol! 

We now return yaw  to the previous scheduled programing.....sponsored by wilson tree service... Lol! 

• Haha 1

Picked up a can of gold to spray a few weeks back. I think it all really goes well.

Ran into fitment issues with tierods. Nothing a weld or two can't fix. Also got some free 25" tires to mock up for grins. They are going to recycle asap! Not the quad for that size tire lol. I'll keep this one on the street and get something else for off road. 

Also i found a shop to make the plexiglass I need for my cover. 

Got my saw blade a few weeks back and welded it on to the pull start dog rear part that bolts onto the motor.  I used a micrometer to center it and it spins perfect. 

20230204_213602.jpg

20230204_213836.jpg

20230204_213814.jpg

20230204_213633.jpg

20230201_085249.jpg

20230204_195244.jpg

20230127_173147.jpg

20230124_141425.jpg

• Like 2

Got a couple more pics of the paint. I'll likely spray the a arms and shocks as well. I changed the scrip that will be engraved on the plexiglass. It needed to be enlarged and I wanted to keep a like font to keep things streamline.

20230211_092153.jpg

20230211_092000.jpg

Honda cover script.png

Edited by Snow Camo
  • Like 1

I relocated the battery ahead of the rear shock. This will allow ease install of a large rear shock. I have a shock in mind for this that may not need welding. The plan is to sort that out after extending the swingarm 4" with a bolt on bracket. This will require extending the chain adjusters as well. That will happen after I get matching rear tires.  

20230211_101513.jpg

20230211_101535.jpg

20230211_101600.jpg

Edited by Snow Camo
  • Like 1

Still sorting through exhaust options but I have settled on a dual setup. I researched enough to find I will not achieve a decently quiet exhaust note without duals or a huge can. It will also be appealing to the eye. This will be less restrictive then the factory muffler which is ok by me.

Edited by Snow Camo

I chose the SunF A021 for a street tire due to cost and good reviews. They are said to have a long treadlife, so that's a plus. The rear tire size will be 22x10x12. 

A bonus of buying these cheap overseas tires is ease of install lol. I betcha can not put another tire on a rim in less then  a minute and thirty seconds.

Oh and they dismount just as easy. Not a biggie since I'm not going off-road with this one. It's not like I'll be hitting trails lol.

Edited by Snow Camo

Before I painted the wheels I used a drill with a wire brush to clean up the aluminum on the surfaces I wanted to leave raw. I then masked the wheel off and sprayed the above gold onto. After that I went back and sealed the brushed surfaces with ProtectaClear crystal clear coating. Researched and found reviews that this is the best clear for raw metal. Some say it last years. Just what I need. Also I had this laying around from my previous copper barrel yard project, so that saved a few bucks that will be put toward something here.

I tried to add an old school polish from way back, but it added a super deep gloss that showed the wheels pitting. The ITP wheel is cast, so the pitting is under the factory coat.

20230211_122438.jpg

20230211_122736.jpg

20220607_183545.jpg