Snow Camo

SkullCandy 87 200sx

29 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

You need to tell that story to someone that don't know any better , LOL 

lol..i wasn't saying you were the one ?..i was just saying i like mig welding...i know you know what the plus's of it is !..lol.

12 minutes ago, Snow Camo said:

You know the crazy thing is.  I went back to the shop I got the welder from and told them hey I can't weld with this thing. They were like stick welders don't make pretty nice looking wells welds. I was like really, then went and looked up vids and found that to not be true. 

Fish is the first person I met who actually got me headed in the right direction. Thanks dude

I have used the rental welder at home depot.  I was about to get the mig tig version of this one but that shop said I would need gas to weld stainless.

I'll keep Practicing on making it look better.  Getting the correct pool and penitration isn't hard now. 

yeah..with mig..you do need gas for stainless steel. i don't see much stainless steel with atv's from the factory ?..lol. so i use my mig with flux core.

12 minutes ago, shadetree said:

yeah..with mig..you do need gas for stainless steel. i don't see much stainless steel with atv's from the factory ?..lol. so i use my mig with flux core.

got this welder due to needing to weld new stainless bolts on a big stainless humidifier tank at work. That was easy even though I apparently have been using this the incorrect way. 

Since I've always wanted to learn I took that opportunity to bring it home and learn on my own.  Though the welds on the quad look bad I smooth them out to look good 🤣 

Oh hey guys good news! Since making the grab bar the weather warmed up a bit and I got to run the quad more then a few mins. That smoke was just moisture from old 108 octane I have left over. I notice moisture building on the grab bar when it was folded down partially blocking the exhaust outlet of the muffler. I lifted the bar out of the way and let the engine heat up and no more white smoke from moisture!  I'll still get that compression tester as I would like to see what the engine health really is.

That said I am getting some kibble white valve seals  and gaskets after I chip in here in a few weeks. That should stop the oil on the spark plug issue.

53 minutes ago, shadetree said:

lol..i wasn't saying you were the one ?..i was just saying i like mig welding...i know you know what the plus's of it is !..lol.

Yep , you need to stick to " 1st gear on 500s "  and  " CDIs on 350Ds " , I seen your welds , if I welded like that , I would  tell people my neighbor done it  --- LOL >>>>   leave the welding to the Welding Department >>  Sno'Camo is going to head of it real soon 

• Haha 1

Just now, Snow Camo said:

I'll get it right soon enough.  I'm good with torches, so I'll get the stick down soon enough 😆 

Torches  ?  So you can braze weld ? Or do you mean TIG ?

28 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Yep , you need to stick to " 1st gear on 500s "  and  " CDIs on 350Ds " , I seen your welds , if I welded like that , I would  tell people my neighbor done it  --- LOL >>>>   leave the welding to the Welding Department >>  Sno'Camo is going to head of it real soon 

lol..i've ditched the 120v, 90 amp welder, and got this holbart welder, and as long as what i welds stays together ?..i don't give a rats behind what it looks like ?..lol.

• Haha 1

Yessir. I been brazing 13 years and soft solderin about the same. That's a cake walk. I am an hvac tech so it's all by trade.

Side note if anyone needs any hvac related help I could likely guide in the right direction, given the right info on the situation. 

Edited by Snow Camo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Snow Camo said:

Yessir. I been brazing 13 years and soft solderin about the same. That's a cake walk. I am an hvac tech so it's all by trade.

Side note if anyone needs any hvac related help I could likely guide in the right direction, given the right info on the situation. 

you gonna work for free ?..if so..we'll barter our advice for your ac work..lol.

6 minutes ago, shadetree said:

you gonna work for free ?..if so..we'll barter our advice for your ac work..lol.

Ya man. I'm Ole school. Each one teach one. Do unto others and so on. Heck I sorta pay due respect and whatnot know what I'm talkin bout? 🙂

• Like 1

Ironic , this pops up in my feeds ,  I think the internet listens to everything 

image.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Ironic , this pops up in my feeds ,  I think the internet listens to everything 

image.png

Even before the net everything comes together as it should. We have to get back in touch with the natural order of things.

I do appreciate your help though man. Goes a long way. 

• Like 1

And yes goggle and apple do listen to everything.

Snowden tried to tell us and folks dismissed him... my how the tides have changed, or come to...

On February 26, 2023 at 1:16 PM, shadetree said:

Hm..... That means i owe slammeded cash ?? Or a favor...... Sigh. 

• Like 1

Funny🤣  I've still been practicing my welding.  Far from being a pro,  but I'll get it looking like one eventually. 

The correct plexiglass came in today.  I like the contrast this one has over the red 

20230306_184011.jpg

20230225_213548.jpg

Edited by Snow Camo

On 3/6/2023 at 7:14 PM, Snow Camo said:

Funny🤣  I've still been practicing my welding.  Far from being a pro,  but I'll get it looking like one eventually. 

The correct plexiglass came in today.  I like the contrast this one has over the red 

20230306_184011.jpg

20230225_213548.jpg

i wonder how long it will take for the plexiglass to heat up, and melt to where it will leak engine oil ?. engine oil gets pretty hot, so the real test will be if the plexiglass warps..then starts to leak engine oil ?. other than this , it looks good. but looks and function is two different things !..lol.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, shadetree said:

i wonder how long it will take for the plexiglass to heat up, and melt to where it will leak engine oil ?. engine oil gets pretty hot, so the real test will be if the plexiglass warps..then starts to leak engine oil ?. other than this , it looks good. but looks and function is two different things !..lol.

So this originally was the pull start.  No oil inside there. And if there is... Huston we have a leaking crank seal. No worries there. I would of sourced glass otherwise. I'll throw some lites behind the blade at some point.

I need some side job money so I can get this thing rolling finally! I am getting tired of it being a garage queen  haha 

8 hours ago, shadetree said:

Incase you missed the other post. Here is the engine running. 

8 hours ago, Snow Camo said:

So this originally was the pull start.  No oil inside there. And if there is... Huston we have a leaking crank seal. No worries there. I would of sourced glass otherwise. I'll throw some lites behind the blade at some point.

I need some side job money so I can get this thing rolling finally! I am getting tired of it being a garage queen  haha 

ah..that is the pull start side...nm..crank seal is on that side...but if its not bad ?..it should not leak oil in there.

• Thanks 1

Hey Wilson and fish here is the compressing conundrum. It's low for sure, so a rebuild is in order. I'll plan that out. 

20230406_202946.jpg

Edited by Snow Camo

5 hours ago, Snow Camo said:

Hey Wilson and fish here is the compressing conundrum. It's low for sure, so a rebuild is in order. I'll plan that out. 

20230406_202946.jpg

Did you hold the hold the throttle wide  open while taking that compression test ? It could make a difference ----  Do you know how to do a wet compression test ?  >>> That could help to determine if the lost of compression is rings or valves