Snow Camo

SkullCandy 87 200sx

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Did you hold the hold the throttle wide  open while taking that compression test ? It could make a difference ----  Do you know how to do a wet compression test ?  >>> That could help to determine if the lost of compression is rings or valves  

Ya throttle and choke wide open.  I could put some oil inthe cylinder and check again. However I did get get the EBC dirt racer cluch pack and springs. I wonder how the engine runs down the road as is. 

I'll get it rolling because I have the parts to now. 

20230403_172859.jpg

• Like 1

Well I am thinking of sending the head and jug off to get serviced. I got the tires mounted. Eventually I'll get the clutch pack in there.

20230412_193045.jpg

20230412_193117.jpg

20230412_193243.jpg

20230412_193148.jpg

• Like 1

You say you thinking of sending the jug and head out for servicing , I see you have the G+H sticker on the tank , that's a good place to send them , they did a 200SX jug and supplied the piston for me , I did the head myself ---- the 200SX head has calibrated valve adjusters , you can line up the marks and lock it down in theory , I went by feel and sound 

• Thanks 1

To check the valve seats for sealing.  Lay the head with the intake facing up.  Fill the cavity with gasoline. If the seat is good it will hold the gas and not seep thru the valve. Gas is thinner than water. So use gas. . Flip the head and do the same test on the exhaust. You would still have to take the valve loose to change the valve stem seals.  So might as well lap them.  

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

To check the valve seats for sealing.  Lay the head with the intake facing up.  Fill the cavity with gasoline. If the seat is good it will hold the gas and not seep thru the valve. Gas is thinner than water. So use gas. . Flip the head and do the same test on the exhaust. You would still have to take the valve loose to change the valve stem seals.  So might as well lap them.  

You know your right. I can do the head myself. I guess it's not that serious where I need to check the valve seats and guides. I'll just have to sort through a C- clamp and socket to pull the retainers. I may as well get a sanding roll to smooth out the casting flaws. I always do that when I open a engine.

34 minutes ago, Snow Camo said:

You know your right. I can do the head myself. I guess it's not that serious where I need to check the valve seats and guides. I'll just have to sort through a C- clamp and socket to pull the retainers. I may as well get a sanding roll to smooth out the casting flaws. I always do that when I open a engine.

To get the retainers off the valve stem , just place a deep dish socket over the top the valve and give it a hit with a hammer ----   I know you are into high performance , you can use a grinder and do some dog house grinding on the intake while you got it down  

28 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

To get the retainers off the valve stem , just place a deep dish socket over the top the valve and give it a hit with a hammer ----   I know you are into high performance , you can use a grinder and do some dog house grinding on the intake while you got it down  

Rock on. I did plan to raise the roof a little and smoothing the exhuast port. Thanks for helping me save some money there. 

That said... now I can fast track to a mukini TM28 flat slide carb. I know you guys may say it is not worth it, but I have to give it a shot lol. I'll figure an intake boot or adapt it. Also freed up some money for exhaust if I choose right. I'll sort through this for a few before deciding.

You ever try a flat slide carb on anything?

• Like 1

Took the bike for a ride today and got a few pictures. It rides just fine. Scored some ramps for cheap.. 

20230513_213416.jpg

20230429_154955.jpg

20230429_153935.jpg

20230429_153906.jpg

20230429_154054.jpg

20230429_154239.jpg

20230429_153829.jpg

• Like 2

Had a little time to myself Sunday evening. I went out to the gravel pits/ construction area and had a blast! 

Rolled it doing a donut. ! near died, but was saved...

Need a new handlebar and tierods. May as well ponie up for those uniball rod ends and make me some solid mofos! I'll get spacers front and back as well. Probably 4" in back and 2" in front.

Screw those cheap ! ebay tierods!!! Don't risk loosing your life! Both rods popped out the dang joints in the rod! 

Glad to be alive!

Back to work I go!

Be safe dudes.

Edited by Snow Camo
  • Like 2

On 4/13/2023 at 11:31 AM, Snow Camo said:

Hello Mr George , how much you paying that new welder ?  That is too much , LOL 

image.png

• Haha 1