Snow Camo

SkullCandy 87 200sx

Man I wish I had those for projects! Yep the factory rear tire was 22x11x8. 

That should be an easy swap 

Fire lit 🔥 😂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Snow Camo said:

Yes you are correct. This unit has a list of engine types it works with. Apparently not all 4 stroke 1 cylinder engines fire the same. This is noted in the manual. It states some 4 stroke 1 cylinder engines use the same firing pattern as 4 stroke 2 cylinder engines, so the unit must be programed for the 4 stroke 2 cylinder.

I found this to be true as I had to program the unit to the aforementioned setting. 

I have a couple of the older types, which they stopped production on, why i couldn't say..... They have every option avalible for those small tach, hour meters..... Measures engine temp, hours, tach over speed, over heat.... What is the refresh rate on that model you have..... Want one thats 0.5 sec lower is better but i have yet to find one....and with all the options I'd like to have.... I most likeky won't find one..... But these work great! 

Stroke and cylinder settings should be listed like this 

1p1r = 1 spark per rev-- 4 stroke 2 cylinder or 2 stroke 1 cyclinder  0-25000 rpm

2p1r = 2  spark per rev--4 stroke 4 cyclinder or 2 stroke 2 cyclinder 0-15000 rpm

3p1r = 3 spark per rev--4 stroke 6 cyclinder or 2 stroke 3 cyclinder 0-10000 rpm

4p1r = 4 spark per rev -- 4 stroke 8 cyclinder 0- 7500 rpm rpm

6p1r = 6 spark per rev = 4 stroke 12 cyclinder 0-5000 rpm

8p1r = 8 spark per rev = 4 stroke 26 cyclinder 0-3750 rpm

3p2r = 3 spark 2 revolution = 4 stroke 3 cyclinder 0-20000 rpm

5p2r = 5 spark 2 revolution = 4 stroke 5 cyclinder 0-12000 rpm

1p2r = 1spark 2 revolution = 4 stroke 1 cyclinder 0-25000 rpm

• Like 2

Yep same it's the same one. They do not seem to list the refresh rate in the specs. I will ask the manufacture. Hopefully they will give me the actual rate. 

When I searched through the avaliable meters on ebay these seemed to be the best bang for the buck. I'm sure if I spent over $100 there were different options. 

I really like how this little motor runs. My neighbor stopped by and asked when I got a Harley 🤣. I took him to the garage and he laughed and gave me a high five lol. I'll have to get a vid of it running at some point. I bet you would like how it sounds compared to the ones you had or heard. I will say this... it sounds better then the ones I found in my months of searching you tube.

I like it so far. Here are a few pictures. 

20221211_175808.jpg

20221211_175818.jpg

20221211_175830.jpg

20221211_180059.jpg

• Like 1

Mine didnt have it printed on the paperwork ether..... To beat all things it's printed on the outside of the box... Lol.. Go figure..one of the most important need to know information isn't listed ... Where it normally should be..... Sigh..... I had a link to specifict meters like you and i have... But danged if they didnt change the lay out.... Now it shows the less friendly options -- >(simple tach / hour meter!) . But nothing like what the big dogs have.... This is a rough idea of what mine messures ( how i set it up) one sencor is located in the bottom of the plant for engine temp readings  One up top for head and upper engine temps .... Then tach, (alarm set for over revs) (alarm set for both bottom snd upper engine temps) and hour meter..... And yeah i agree ..... I don't like the clock. My alarm is an repeating off and on flash.... And it keeps flashing even after the unit drops below the alarm alert setting.... I have click a button to cancel it, but! It does keep a recording of all alarm alerts. ...... I'm sure I've not listed everything these will do...what bugs me is honda is by far the best IMO .....so i think some of those should have been a standard factory add a tach hour meter, and speedo......

• Like 1

Yeah man, it seems manufactures either hide the details that would deter a knowledgeable buyer or make things so simplistic. I like my electronics with features that need to be thought through.

I really want to find a speedo of sorts at some point. I could just use my cell, but something I can hard wire in would be cool.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Snow Camo said:

I really want to find a speedo of sorts at some point. I could just use my cell, but something I can hard wire in would be cool.

I have quick mount brackets on my atvs , a Garmin Montana GPS snaps right in , it has a speedo built into it , so I can swop it around easy 

• Like 2

I don't know if honda made any hondaline accessories for that model.... And i wouldn't really know which way to point you... But I'll take a stab @Goober @Mac102004 maybe some others i haven't thought of is so my bad... You seem like a fellah who really does his research.... So I'm about sure you have this  information but I'll stick it in anyways.

https://atvmanual.com/honda/trx200sx/1987-specs 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I don't know if honda made any hondaline accessories for that model.... And i wouldn't really know which way to point you... But I'll take a stab @Goober @Mac102004 maybe some others i haven't thought of is so my bad... You seem like a fellah who really does his research.... So I'm about sure you have this  information but I'll stick it in anyways.

https://atvmanual.com/honda/trx200sx/1987-specs 

Dude you Rock!  I have the manual,  but not that page of specs.  That fits here very nicely!  Thanks! 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I have quick mount brackets on my atvs , a Garmin Montana GPS snaps right in , it has a speedo built into it , so I can swop it around easy 

Rock on man.  I will put that on the list.  It may be the last thing I get due to pricing but well worth it in my opinion. 

• Like 2

While searching the local offerup classifieds I scored some used itp wheels for the rear.  They are 12x7 which should fit a 10 wide tire. The plan is to find some 22x10x12 tires for the rear and 22x7x10 or 23x7x10 for the front. I may go 24x10x12 in the rear in hopes of gaining some crusing speed. 

The front wheels are currently manufactured by a company named ams. Oddly itp sold the very same wheel style long ago and may still.

I purchased the first on ebay as I really wanted to see what they looked like and if the fitment check ok. The only issue noted is having to enlarge the lug holes a pinch, sorta like knocking off the paint. Which allows the lugs to pass through the lug holes. Obviously they are ment for a different quad with smaller lugs.

This front wheel is out of stock everywhere.

As of this morning there where 5 left at Denis kirk. I made that 4... Currently there is only 1 left. There are polished and chrome versions available at a greater cost. With this project I want to keep it cheap and this was cheap as it gets. Even when buying new tires included. 

20221217_143135.jpg

Screenshot_20221216_075929_Chrome.jpg

20221217_143135.jpg

Screenshot_20221216_075929_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Snow Camo

I purchased the front brake drums from a 1995 honda trx 200D. This will allow for a bolt pattern change from 4/80 to 4/110 up front and opened up wheel options. I got the idea from a old post I found searching the web forums. They should arrive some time before Christmas. 

I also ordered a step-down buck dc-to-dc that will power the tach meter. 

Screenshot_20221218_160933_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221218_161259_Chrome.jpg

• Like 3

Neither did I. The post I found says the spindle is the same. I guess they did change some mechanical things but not all of them. Which works well for upgrades. I am sure I could verify the part numbers, but they do look the same. It beats trying to find an adaptor the will seat over the brake drum access ports on the 86-88 model drums.

19 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Nice mod  , never knew that would work .....

Hey was that you that posted about putting 25 inch tires on your old trx200sx?

Edited by Snow Camo

1 minute ago, Snow Camo said:

Hey was that you that posted about putting 25 inch tires on your old trx200sx?

I don't think so ------ I found a old pic , looks like 22 Dirt Devils , I still have that rear  rack , been thinking of putting it  on front a 300 

fullsizeoutput_1ba.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I don't think so ------ I found a old pic , looks like 22 Dirt Devils , I still have that rear  rack , been thinking of putting it  on front a 300 

fullsizeoutput_1ba.jpeg

Nice! Great rack you have there. I would hang on to that one as well. I sold the one that was on mine. I have no use for it currently. 

How large of a tire do you think could fit the rear with the plastics on? I have been thinking 24 inch, but I may just side to a more conservative 23 inch.

I figure you aready know this but with a larger (taller) tire your gear ratio will change..... Depends on what you plan on trail riding or racing etc etc so a mid size (good all around) size might be what your looking for .... Just spitballing here... Thing is i just don't know all. That much about the power and speeds of a honda 200sx.... I just worked a couple at LJ's . Never owed one...mbut you mentioned higher cruising  speed , and also with a taller tire your going to loose power on the top end, but it might not be even enough to notice.....that's some super cool information on those alternate front rims from a 200d 

I was thinking the same thing. Long story short I ended up with a rear sprocket that is one tooth larger then stock. When I bought my chain and sprockets from This ebay false advertisement pro... 😂

So, I have a 43t rear that hopefully will makeup the difference. If not ill give These guys a call and see what they suggest. Since they have the pattern I know they can come up with something that will fit the bill. 

I still have to figure what size and brand. Looks like I will skip the street tires like I originally planned and go off-road. With that I guess cruising speed is not as important as it was when I considered street tires.

Sounds good! I wish more people did research like you.... Including myself haha!..... Now correct me here but you also mentioned clearance from the tire to the plastic .... Any thoughts on that as of your rescent post ^^^^ 

Yes I have given it some thought.  The front suspension is lifted an inch or so. There should not be an issue there.  From what I gather I should be able to run 23 inch tires up front.  

The rear I was thinking 23 inch tires will fit.  From my searches there seems to be decent spacing between the rear 22 inch tires and plastics. I think 24 inch tires would be a squeeze. 

Okay.... I'm backing put of the way.... Fish is more help on this then i can be, i just find this very interesting...... So just tossed in some :-) bjt very tuned in! Get er done! 

Usually I know something about bigger tires , even though I have had a few 200SXs , that is the one ATV that  I have never put bigger tires on one ,  I would think you have enough room to go up two sizes in the front and back , I think I wouldn't go more than one inch bigger , cause it is going to choke it down -----  I know from having a 200X  , the chain needs to be adjusted and chain and sprockets replaced a lot   , maybe it was riding in slop and water made chain wear worst , it you don't keep up with the chain adjustment , you take a chance of damaging the case from the chain rubbing a hole in it , a case protector is a good thing , if you can still find them 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Okay.... I'm backing put of the way.... Fish is more help on this then i can be, i just find this very interesting...... So just tossed in some 🙂 bjt very tuned in! Get er done! 

Sorry man I dosed off early. Getting old lol. 

As always thanks for conversation. It seems to be a thing of the past these days.

• Like 1

No worries as you can see by my LACK of typing i was wired ..... And i hate this on screen keyboard..... Sheesh....Who new tea had that much caffeine  ........lol! 

• Haha 1