Intimnasc

2002 TRX450FE 4X4 Not Working

Hey all so I have run the gauntlet and found the switch is bad. It over travels a little to the left. Basically when you switch it to 4x4 you have to pull the switch back just a little and it will engage. The part number I have is 35400-HN0-671 but it shows to no longer be available. Don't really wanna pay 100 bucks for a used one on eBay. 

Will likely be plug and play.  If you look at this thread we've done quite a few 350 Ranchers from full time to selectable 4wd using the 2wd/4wd switches from the 05-11 Foreman, 05-14 Rubicon, 03-current Rincon, and 04-07 400 Rancher AT, along with a front diff from the 04-07 400 Ranchers.  That switch only has two wires, and simply supplies power to an electromagnet in the front diff.

I figured as long as the switch will mount I can always splice my existing harness to with some solder and heat shrink.

27 minutes ago, Intimnasc said:

I figured as long as the switch will mount I can always splice my existing harness to with some solder and heat shrink.

Most of these Hondas use the same parts across different machines.  A lot of the time they will have different part numbers, but be the same part.  Best part is, sometimes the prices on them vary greatly, even though they're the same part.

I know it will fit, and I'm 99.99% sure it will be plug and play for you.

Thought I'd share the fix for me. The switch was failing but would intermittently show continuity. I bought a switch for an 05-06 model and yes the switch is exactly the same but Honda changed the sex of the connectors. Male female, female male. So I have to cut the old end off and solder it onto my new switch and it is fixed with a new switch for 56 dollars instead of the 100 dollars on eBay for a used switch.

PXL_20220728_210127945.jpg

• Like 2