Freedomflyer

Finally on the trails again

This has been an extremely busy summer as well as a wet spring. Trails didn't open up till mid July. Now it's hotter than blazes and we're worrying about fires again.  Have been able to get out a few times in the last 2 weeks.  A coworker bought a side-by-side much to my chagrin. We've been out a couple of times, verifies once again that I'll stick with ATV'S. They have a really tough time fitting through our 50" trailhead gates, they're very noisy,  and have poor all around visibility from inside. To each there own I guess. Have hit a couple new spots with some great views have taken a couple we met a few weeks back out on their first ride. They were in 7th Heaven and plain on selling their boat and changing over to atv land lumber. They had a great time and really want to find a machine or two. I'm looking forward to meeting one of our own. Prov, out of Minnesota, and a friend of his, are heading to my backyard. They are going on a road trip and coming through. We are hoping to link up the evening of the day they arrive and have dinner then I'm going to take them out on a mountain ride the next day. Yes they are lowering their standards and are climbing onto a couple of Can Ams but they're willing to make the sacrifice to take in some Montana scenery. I'm borrowing my nephews machines so will let them use mine and my wife's machine for the day. I am really looking forward to sharing one of our favorite trails with them and hope they have a great time.  My two brothers and one of their wives will come along to keep my wife company. Should be a great time.  

Here's a few pics from my latest outings. 

20220723_154213.jpg

20220714_191736.jpg

20220723_123849.jpg

20220730_102338.jpg

20220730_162437.jpg

20220731_155827.jpg

20220731_161038.jpg

20220731_171000.jpg

20220731_175421.jpg

part0.jpg

part0(3).jpg

20220731_183009.jpg

• Like 11

Last winter my father's Can Am SXS was nice to have when it was freezing cold and we wanted to ride the farm.

What I discovered is the dang thing is so heavy that it absolutely ruins ATV trails.  Most of my trails are 10 years old, and while a few spots show some erosion, overall we haven't really hurt anything.

That dang SxS has rutted out several spots to the point of making them miserable to cross on an ATV.   One spot in particular is not no longer passable.  I'm going to have to haul in rock and fill in at the bottom of the hill to make it passable again.

They have their place working, but for trail riding I'll stick to my ATV's.

One of the benefits that we have out here is a lot of our trails have rock in them.  We don't really have a problem with them tearing the trails up rails up because of that. That is part of the reason why they wait to open the trails to make sure all the snow pack is gone so that doesn't happen. I agree they do have their place but for me personally I like to be able to see around my machine. I have a windshield on mine and hand  And thumb warmer. Plus I don't feel so boxed in..

• Like 1

I absolutely can't wait to get there and ride with you. Should be plenty of BSing involved too. Counting the days. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to it as well. Going to be a blast, going out to get my nephews machines tonight and get them prepped and ready to go. Fluids, tire pressure etc., fuel, and cleaned up if needed. 17 days!

• Like 2