Bighanded

One touch and "It's Alive!"

always amazed at how I just quickly touch the start on my old 300 Fourtrax and the thing explodes to life.

I mean, not even a turn over of the engine...my old cars you turn the key and listen to the engine get turned over a couple cycles before it growls to life.

my old carb n points motorbike...somedays, best pack a lunch as you stomp the kickstart over and over....and over and hope that when it does struggle to breath and suck some fuel, that it might actually rev up enough to not stall.

but 2 decades later... I turn the key, press start on this old bike and BAM !!  it's instantly running...how'd they do that?

• Like 4

I seen the title and thought instantly glucose meter, my son uses the one touch brand. Camshaft placement and just being tuned correctly has been my theory. Of course all the newer machines with the cam placed lower in the motor have the auto decompression that most likely makes them start a little harder, yet turn over easier by releasing compression. Even the old ATC 185/200 that had the auto decompression started good but that decompression system never worked (was deleted) on every one I had.

I'm with jeep on this both mine are like that plus just about every '300 that came to little Johnny's ( wilson cycles ) with no carb, electrical or bad gas issues...... would fire off fast!!

Had a 2wd 300 a 88 to be exact, that thing touch the button and it's running.