Snow Camo

86-87 trx 200 and 250.

Hi all, 

This post is asking you all who have or had both quads.

Are the sport trx250 and trx 200sx plastics interchangeable with modding if need be?

I'd really like to put the trx250 sport plastics on my 200sx

I read somewhere they will swap. 

Hi welcome to the forum ,

I have had several TRX200SXs , fun bike , light and fast , but they were a little small for me and not 4wd , so I sold them off ---- I would love to have a TRX250R , but they are rare and one in good condition is big bucks --- 

But to answer your question , I doubt there are too many people who attempted the  plastic  swop you proposed , but like with anything , with a grinder , a welding machine , time , money and an imagination  = anything is possible -- from the pics , they have the same profile , but I think the 250R is bigger  

I still have a freshly redone 87 200SX engine and wiring harness to stick in a cart project , one day 

fullsizeoutput_1ba.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Thanks man! I was hoping someone who has or had could note the size difference. 

Are the 250 non sport fourtrax plastics larger? I read somewhere the non sport was the same size.

I don't pay a lot of attention to sportsbikes -------  I have seen people put 300EX sport  fenders on a 300 Fourtrax Utility and it looked good ---

Do you have the fenders to do what you want to do , or will you have to locate and buy them ?

Gotcha. 

I will have to source them. That's my issue. I would hate to buy them new and the front not sit over the gas tank or the rear seat not even a close match.