Tony

Neutral switch malfunction?

2nd neutral switch in a year....350 rancher.Obviously no reverse and can't understand it.Original switch lasted 15 yrs.

It's a 2000 model year.

Took the old switch and tested it...dead.Seems like such a simple device perhaps Chinese made? They were all from the Honda dealer.

Anyone else have these issues?

Most I've seen go bad was because of short rides and condensation build up behind the switch. Did you test the switch that's still in the machine? What issues are you having, just reverse? If just reverse the wire might have just came unplugged.

Hi...just reverse is the problem.Wire is connected .In the past I've taken the switch out and connected a tester to the "wire plug end" and push the little plunger in by hand....and nothing shows on the meter..

A new one shows continuity when I do that.

I'm guessing a good switch grounds the circuit, but a bad one does nothing.I also noticed a bad one always has a worn plunger which is rather strange.

On 8/5/2022 at 10:22 PM, Tony said:

Hi...just reverse is the problem.Wire is connected .In the past I've taken the switch out and connected a tester to the "wire plug end" and push the little plunger in by hand....and nothing shows on the meter..

A new one shows continuity when I do that.

I'm guessing a good switch grounds the circuit, but a bad one does nothing.I also noticed a bad one always has a worn plunger which is rather strange.

Yea the switches on those go bad after some time a friend had one of the same year and did the same thing

The only trip to the dealership with my 01 was that same N/S Switch, was in conjunction with an old factory re-call; going on 4 years now, no more problems.

Still cost a chunk of change...😂