Djehuty

Resistance between phases - '03 Rancher 350 FE

Hey all, just wanted to see if anyone knew offhand the target Ohm readings on the stator phases for the 03+ rancher 350 FE model. I'm having issues getting this one to provide juice up near the coil and i am currently tracing the issue up the harness. I have browsed the Service Manual but could not find a measurement for this. Other than that, I have tried baking the CDI, testing the pulse generator and just test-lighting the connections to the coil. I'm just getting started here, so any tips would be appreciated!

Page 17-6 of the service manual-

Should be .1 to 1 ohm between yellow stator legs @ 68 degrees temperature 

and no continuity between ground and yellow stator legs

Edited by AKATV

Don't know how I missed that.. thank you. Stator looks to be good. Trying to follow the diagram to test the kill switch now.

Do you have a no spark issue?

If so you might want to your check voltage regulator,-a common no spark problem

Edited by AKATV

Ok, let us know what you find

Dont forget to check that voltage regulator

Well, nothing good so far. Putting things back together so i can crank the motor, now i have both neutral and reverse lights on at the same time and no (ES) shifter. I can crank the motor normally though, so im very confused.

Actually that blown ignition fuse will cause your neutral and reverse light to be on and a no spark condition

Well that might be a good sign for me then. I'm just wondering why I'm just now getting the lights on together, lol!

So if you replace the fuse you should only have the neutral light on it and possibly have spark-

Are you sure the fuse wasn’t blown before?

As soon as i went back out to start working again it started thunderstorming, so out came the tarp. I will keep posted here on the fuse situation when it calms down. Thanks for the help so far!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AKATV said:

So if you replace the fuse you should only have the neutral light on it and possibly have spark-

Are you sure the fuse wasn’t blown before?

Just wanted to thank you again for your time yesterday, AKATV. I went and got the fuse replaced and finished putting everything back together, and it actually has spark now! Ran really good for a few seconds on ether. I guess cleaning all the connectors or maybe baking the CDI alleviated the issue. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1