riverc

Honda Big Red 250

Looking for a set of brake side bearing for the big red... Seems like they hard to find the set I ordered was advertised to fit but did not tube side was ok, but brake side was too small good I got a refund.

Bought these bearing from Motor City Atv Ebay seller says good to go we shall see.

20220917_202748.jpg

Finally got the Big Red rolling again rear end is tight no play. Front tire has a slow leak so will take care of that will also paint front rack and headlight protector. It's going on a 4-mile ride tomorrow will see how it does.

20220927_174204.jpg

20220927_174905.jpg

• Like 3

Hit it with your purse!

Seriously though, guessing you tried an impact/ heat/ kroil?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jeepwm69 said:

Hit it with your purse!

Seriously though, guessing you tried an impact/ heat/ kroil?

Don't have a impact sprayed wd-40 hammer & wrench don't have a small torch for heat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

Cheater bar?  

I used a breaker bar man it's seized up probably never been taken off never thought it would that hard to break loose. Need to get better penetrating oil, seen some crc freeze off online and the Kroil you mentioned. Spayed a half can of wd 40 will let it sit till I get time to try again.

35 minutes ago, riverc said:

I used a breaker bar man it's seized up probably never been taken off never thought it would that hard to break loose. Need to get better penetrating oil, seen some crc freeze off online and the Kroil you mentioned. Spayed a half can of wd 40 will let it sit till I get time to try again.

Wd40 sucks as a penetrating oil, and that’s from someone who loves WD40.

PB Blaster if you can’t find any Kroil locally.  

Spray, let it sit, then slide a cheater bar/ long pipe over that breaker bar and bust it loose!

• Like 2

AeroKroil is by far my favorite -------  

3M 5 in 1 Oil is another that is very good penetrant , you can get that either on line or at a body shop supply store 

• Like 2

8oz can of the old school Kano pour on (just as good as the aerosols ) but you loose alot less with this then you would with a spray can the lowest priced one ($16.70) I've seen, but very few left in stock  from that one store, i emailed Kano lab headquarts in Nashville to see how much it would be as a direct order...... I'll post the respond here some place, or,PM me, i also have all there contact info email phone numbers address etc..... To me, you cant beat kroil, fish...... Don't we have a fav penetrating oil thread ?

:Edit big oops that store is on amazon....... My bad on lieving that out..... Lol! 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 2

I think there is a penetrating oil thread.

Surprised no one mentioned 50/50 mix of transmission fluid and acetone.  It was a hot recommendation for a while. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I think there is a penetrating oil thread.

Surprised no one mentioned 50/50 mix of transmission fluid and acetone.  It was a hot recommendation for a while. 

Yeah, that's the best, but kinda messy to make and store.

• Like 3

In the oil thread it was mentioned  a few times  but the first was jeep plus some  had commented on adding diesel to the mix, and just as i thought Mac....did that thread.. It's a great informative read, but! Some of the ideas were a little far out there......lol!

I'm going to give Lucas penetrating oil a try on the seized front axle. I use Lucas injector cleaner every fill on the old  powerstroke. Also use Lucas ethanol gas treatment for 4-wheelers,.3-wheeler, lawn mowers no complaints. Tractor Supply in town has the penetrating oil will pick some up tomorrow will also stop by local hardware store for a piece of pipe.

• Like 1

This response is what i got back, and i did think it would be something like this, so here's the amazon link. The price (i think isn't too bad) 

https://www.amazon.com/Kano-Kroil-8oz-Can/dp/B00DR7F4AO/ref=asc_df_B00DR7F4AO?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80676781254197&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=t&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584276308309999&psc=1

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™

Heat that bottom tube to get the aluminum expanded a little and even a cheap electric impact will help. If using a breaker bar keep the right side in place and just loose. Be careful and take your time as these parts are not the easiest to find. Once it's off then most likely the real fun will begin trying to press it out of the hub/bearings. I have one I have to fix a tire and brakes on, I'm not looking forward to doing it because of the past experiences with them. It will most likely take a lot of time that will cut into my paying jobs (doing this for an old classmate).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, toodeep said:

Heat that bottom tube to get the aluminum expanded a little and even a cheap electric impact will help. If using a breaker bar keep the right side in place and just loose. Be careful and take your time as these parts are not the easiest to find. Once it's off then most likely the real fun will begin trying to press it out of the hub/bearings. I have one I have to fix a tire and brakes on, I'm not looking forward to doing it because of the past experiences with them. It will most likely take a lot of time that will cut into my paying jobs (doing this for an old classmate).

I hear ya, doesn't look like a fun job not to even master mechanics from what I'm hearing.

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

This response is what i got back, and i did think it would be something like this, so here's the amazon link. The price (i think isn't too bad) 

https://www.amazon.com/Kano-Kroil-8oz-Can/dp/B00DR7F4AO/ref=asc_df_B00DR7F4AO?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80676781254197&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=t&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584276308309999&psc=1

image.jpg

Thanks Wilson.

Update soaked the axle with Lucas penetrating oil last night and this morning tried it a few minutes ago it moved but still tight. I will not get in hurry soaked it again will let it sit a while.

• Like 1

Got the front tire off just like Toodeep said axle is stuck sprayed penetrating oil on everything. Not sure if I can get it out might have to take it to the welding & machine shop in town.

20221008_161627.jpg

• Like 1

Ì was a able to move axle a little the axle is free only thing I see keping it from coming off is the drum brake plate its seized to axle nòt wantìng to hit end of axle bolt to hard with hammer  and mess it up they seem to be very hard to find. Gave it a good oil soaking will try again later.