riverc

Honda Big Red 250

A propane/MAP torch and a few heat, cool cycles will probably help loosen it and let the oils work in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, toodeep said:

A propane/MAP torch and a few heat, cool cycles will probably help loosen it and let the oils work in.

Thanks, don't have a torch dropped it off at machine shop in town this morning.

On October 4, 2022 at 10:35 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

8oz can of the old school Kano pour on (just as good as the aerosols ) but you loose alot less with this then you would with a spray can the lowest priced one ($16.70) I've seen, but very few left in stock  from that one store,

Was $16.70, now the price (same store same amount and type Kano Kool) is $29.99. 

https://www.amazon.com/Kano-Kroil-8oz-Can/dp/B00DR7F4AO/ref=asc_df_B00DR7F4AO?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80676781254197&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=t&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584276308309999&psc=1

56 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Everything I use has went up tough getting by these days not much play money left over.

Couldn't agree more! I should have bought some when it was $16, an 8oz can would last me a Purdy good while...... And the can i have is an aresol .... Still has joice, but no propellet...... I'll just punch a hole in the can and drain the rest into a small glass jar...... 

15 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Couldn't agree more! I should have bought some when it was $16, an 8oz can would last me a Purdy good while...... And the can i have is an aresol .... Still has joice, but no propellet...... I'll just punch a hole in the can and drain the rest into a small glass jar...... 

NAPA in Slidell is a locally owned NAPA , the guy owns like 7 NAPA stores  in the area  and he  is " ridiculously " expensive , this big sized spray can is right at $60 , the stuff is good as any , but for that price , next time I need some I think I am going with the Deep Creep from Sea Foam 

fullsizeoutput_fc9.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, riverc said:

Still waiting on parts hope to get it back together.

20221017_181859.jpg

Hey  brother , I have some extra wooden blocks over here on the North Shore ,  if you need some , them bricks look dangerous , LOL 

31 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Hey  brother , I have some extra wooden blocks over here on the North Shore ,  if you need some , them bricks look dangerous , LOL 

LOL that little Jack might keep that heavy bike from crushing the brick. I'm not a mechanic have very little tools and use what I have can't afford the labor and necessary tools in Bidens America.

• Like 3

I have to disagree ..... With you (not a mechanic) ?! Ha! You might not think you are, but you are! ..I've been keeping up with this thread give yourself some credit bro. 

4 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I have to disagree ..... With you (not a mechanic) ?! Ha! You might not think you are, but you are! ..I've been keeping up with this thread give yourself some credit bro. 

Lol, you would agree when the engine needs a rebuild.

When the parts get here, I'm going to change front wheel bearing any tricks to get them out without using a blind bearing puller?  The wheel hub is different than the rear ones not sure if I can knock them out without some sort of puller.

3 minutes ago, riverc said:

When the parts get here, I'm going to change front wheel bearing any tricks to get them out without using a blind bearing puller?  The wheel hub is different than the rear ones not sure if I can knock them out without some sort of puller.

What do they look like?  I haven't ever worked on a BR

You should be able to just knock them out. The center spacer does have little tabs that is suppose to keep it in place but usually there is enough play to get on a bearing and knock it out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

What do they look like?  I haven't ever worked on a BR

s-l400.jpg

13 minutes ago, toodeep said:

You should be able to just knock them out. The center spacer does have little tabs that is suppose to keep it in place but usually there is enough play to get on a bearing and knock it out. 

What would you recommend using to knock it out?

A long punch, rod, crowbar or whatever you have around the width of the hub so it will reach through.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, riverc said:

Lol, you would agree when the engine needs a rebuild.

Nsh....... Just look how far you've come! (Thumbs up) 

• Like 1

Almost there still waiting on wheel bearing & brake drum screws.If all goes well will be riding soon.

20221028_164152.jpg

20221028_164136.jpg

• Like 5