Turner75

Just joined, looking for front propeller shaft assembly

Hello all. Just joined here and am totally new to this stuff. Thought I would try asking on one of these forums to maybe get some help. So I have a 2017 rubicon and last weekend lost 4wd while out at our hunting cabin. Got home with the bike and found splines gone on the front driveshaft where the shaft goes into the coupler (engine side). Anyway, seems the front propeller shaft assembly (part # 40400-HR6-A61) is on back order and no date when I can expect one. Just wondering if anyone knows where I could find one? Thanks

Welcome aboard. 

Try Powersportsnation or ebay.  Most Honda dealers don't actually stock parts, they order after you order, so if it's backordered from Honda, gonna be hard to find one.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. With Honda there is no ETA on coming off of back order and usually that means your in for a good wait time. If it was my machine and I needed it, I would weld it up carefully and get the part when available. Both parts are shot so besides having to cut it to remove it your not out anything. 

@toodeep thanks, my thoughts exactly. Was just hoping to find new part sooner. I actually welded it up last night and just put it back together tonight, seems alright🤞

13 hours ago, Turner75 said:

@toodeep thanks, my thoughts exactly. Was just hoping to find new part sooner. I actually welded it up last night and just put it back together tonight, seems alright🤞

just a fyi, this final shaft also filts more than yer model, it covers a crap load of the trx420's, as well as the trx520's, and other trx500's, sooo..when doing a search ?, check to see if anyone has a final shaft listed for any of these models ?.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 2:49 PM, shadetree said:

just a fyi, this final shaft also filts more than yer model, it covers a crap load of the trx420's, as well as the trx520's, and other trx500's, sooo..when doing a search ?, check to see if anyone has a final shaft listed for any of these models ?.

Does this also apply to the 2004 trx450fm? I am also in need of a prop shaft i originally ordered one from honda at the begining of sept was told it would be in today, went down to collect to be told it would now be Jan2023!

I need my quad to feed my livestock as I'm too old to be carrying bales of hay around anymore. 🙄

50 minutes ago, Luggy76 said:

Does this also apply to the 2004 trx450fm? I am also in need of a prop shaft i originally ordered one from honda at the begining of sept was told it would be in today, went down to collect to be told it would now be Jan2023!

I need my quad to feed my livestock as I'm too old to be carrying bales of hay around anymore. 🙄

You can get a used one from Powersportsnation.  Not much cheaper than new, but you'd have it in hand.

They do stand behind what they sell.  Dang pricey part!

https://www.powersportsnation.com/honda-foreman-450-fe-02-front-drive-shaft-40400-hn0-670-38668.html

Didn't realize how expensive those things were for a 450.  I'm going to put a little extra grease in my buddy's when I put it back together today, make sure his stays in good shape!

45 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

You can get a used one from Powersportsnation.  Not much cheaper than new, but you'd have it in hand.

They do stand behind what they sell.  Dang pricey part!

https://www.powersportsnation.com/honda-foreman-450-fe-02-front-drive-shaft-40400-hn0-670-38668.html

Didn't realize how expensive those things were for a 450.  I'm going to put a little extra grease in my buddy's when I put it back together today, make sure his stays in good shape!

I would but I'm based in the uk so very hard to find the parts, i will drop thrm an email though. Thanks