_Wilson_™

Atv riding supply's

13 hours ago, toodeep said:

Those bags work good, a buddy uses one while riding. I'm still babying my old atvstuff cooler bags. If I knew they was going to quit making those I would have bought 6 more to have on hand. 

purty bag...and for a fair price.. I swear, once the brand went viral with all the yuppies...the prices on anything with that logo just soared...it's definitely a value at the $100...way over priced at current retail...but good score on your part....there's a nasty old Igloo red n white cooler around my garage..sucker has more scars on it than I have on me..and that's sayin something...new stuff with long trusted names lke Coleman etc...being made now overseas...not seeing the quality or durability...old stuff seems to be hanging in there with me...and given my high mileage body.. I expect all my old gear will hold up as long as I have left.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bighanded said:

purty bag...and for a fair price.. I swear, once the brand went viral with all the yuppies...the prices on anything with that logo just soared...it's definitely a value at the $100...way over priced at current retail...but good score on your part....there's a nasty old Igloo red n white cooler around my garage..sucker has more scars on it than I have on me..and that's sayin something...new stuff with long trusted names lke Coleman etc...being made now overseas...not seeing the quality or durability...old stuff seems to be hanging in there with me...and given my high mileage body.. I expect all my old gear will hold up as long as I have left.

I bought Rtic stuff.  They copied Yeti, and made them so similar that Yeti sued.  Apparently the companies ended up settling, with Rtic slightly changing their design (more appearance than anything), so to unload all their old inventory that Yeti said infringed on their trademark they had a 75% off sale, so I got a tan hardside cooler for about $70 shipped.  I later got a grey softside 30 cooler for about the same price when they had a sale.   They work great.  I wanted a camo softside but the wife said she wanted one she could take places without announcing to everyone that we're rednecks.  LOL

https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/coolers/softpak/RTIC-SoftPak-30-Camo

Performance wise there isn't any difference.  Most of the guys I ride with have Yeti coolers, and both brands hold ice forever.

I do like the lid on the Rtic soft coolers better than the yeti design.  Easier to get stuff in and out.  

https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/coolers/roto-molded/RTIC-45-Tan

https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/coolers/softpak/Soft-Pack-30-Tan

• Like 2

funny Jeep...yeah...we've never been a "camo as a style statement" kind of family... yes I have camo..but i wear it when I'm in the woods and actually using it.  so when my daughter married her a boy who's  ATV, Truck plate, and his Yeti cooler, all have "Bubba" on em...we were a bit surprised..she's been a cosmo girl.. DJ hiphop, etc..but got her a country boy and never looked back...even let him move his camo recliner into the living room!!! What the ...!!!!???!

anyway..yeah.. I work big corp in the city by day, but when I pull in my driveway each evening, I'm miles out and looking at acres of field, woods, pond and ready to jump in my jeans, old military issue boots, toss my ball cap on my head and hop on an old Honda with a shotgun in the scabbard and a snake gun on my hip...I guess the real "camoflauge"  is me in my business clothes..sport jacket, shined shoes etc...trying to hide from the city folk. (yes I even use Crew in my hair)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bighanded said:

funny Jeep...yeah...we've never been a "camo as a style statement" kind of family... yes I have camo..but i wear it when I'm in the woods and actually using it.  so when my daughter married her a boy who's  ATV, Truck plate, and his Yeti cooler, all have "Bubba" on em...we were a bit surprised..she's been a cosmo girl.. DJ hiphop, etc..but got her a country boy and never looked back...even let him move his camo recliner into the living room!!! What the ...!!!!???!

anyway..yeah.. I work big corp in the city by day, but when I pull in my driveway each evening, I'm miles out and looking at acres of field, woods, pond and ready to jump in my jeans, old military issue boots, toss my ball cap on my head and hop on an old Honda with a shotgun in the scabbard and a snake gun on my hip...I guess the real "camoflauge"  is me in my business clothes..sport jacket, shined shoes etc...trying to hide from the city folk. (yes I even use Crew in my hair)

I work in an office all day too.  I'm "that guy" who has a squirrel in a cat carrier in my desk, Honda or Jeep parts scattered around on my office floor, and I'm the "Administrative Director" here in charge of finance and HR. 

I mainly wanted a camo one because "duck hunting" with me is usually sitting on my Foreman drinking beer with a shotgun on my lap. and if one flies by, I shoot at it.

But I can always use the tan hard cooler for that.  LOL

• Like 2

The Wal-Mart Yeti imitation works just fine and $80 is a fair price , I think it is called the Wilderness or something like that , holds ice all week long , only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't have a plug to drain , it is  turn buckel'ed  it to the rack , so to dump and clean , it I have to unscrew the turn buckets and shackles  , which really isn't that big a deal , but I guess I am getting lazy -- I bought a drain from a another brand chest and it is going to be real close as far as being long enough , so been scared to drill a hole 

still got my coon-! homemade yeti that works just fine 

I remember when I used bungy cord and ratchet strap to hold the chest to the bike , was going down a rut and hit a stump , the ice chest came off the rack over my shoulder , soaked me with melted ice water , all the beers went into the sloppy ruts ,  3 of them blew up or got holes in the cans and the ones left tasted shook up and gritty from sand , it was a terrible day !!!! 

WeW4kXlGTpOFxaFdLFs07w.jpg

IMG_7345.JPG

• Like 1

LOL, I was out riding one night with @basfnb.  Took him up into some really thick stuff that had been logged a few years back, and bumping across those skidder tracks beat both of us half to death.  His radiator on his Rubicon sprung a leak, so it was overheating every few minutes.  After a particularly rough section, he got stuck and overheated, and while we stopped for a minute to hook a winch to him and let his Rubi cool off, he said "Well at least we have beer.", opened the cooler, and discovered that all the beers had bashed together enough to burst the cans.  I've never seen a 6' 5", 250lb man throw such a tantrum.  He just picked his Rubicon up and tossed it out of the hole he was in, screaming like a Yeti and cussing up a storm.  He threw his hands up in the air and said "You don't even know where we are, do you!!?"  I pulled up a map on my iphone that showed us to be about 30 yards from the road, pointed out again that my air cooled machine never overheated.

That was one of those classics that gets him hazed every time we ride.  When he gets irritated about something someone always throws out (in a whiny voice) "You don't even know where we are, do you?"

• Like 1

I do like the nice warmth that comes off my old fourtrax 300 in these chilly winter months...that's a feature you don't get to enjoy with the fancy water cooled rigs...now..ask me again in July and it might be a different story (grin)