jeepwm69

Cool video, making gas tanks

Enjoyed watching that reminds me when I worked a 3-month temporary at Coleman in Wichita, KS.

1 hour ago, riverc said:

Enjoyed watching that reminds me when I worked a 3-month temporary at Coleman in Wichita, KS.

i’m gonna need more info on that!

I love old Coleman lanterns. My best friend growing up had a grandfather who was a flea market groupie. We used to dig around in the back of his shop and drag out all kinds of old stuff to fix. Of course we would take old lanterns that he probably paid a dollar for, run to the local hardware store and charge $50 worth of parts to him to fix that lantern lol

When I first discovered eBay I didn’t understand the proxy bidding. Came in from the bar one night late, bid on a bunch of old Coleman lanterns and camp stoves. The next morning I think I won 16 lanterns and three camp stoves

I like the older ones better. Have a nice old 220 D with a brass fount, and bought dad a minty 242B that is nickel plated brass.

When did you work there?

• Like 2

1995, I worked a press machine a few times that made the sides for stoves also assembled regulators for screw in small propane bottles, worked in the plastics department making coolers and assembly line. I enjoyed working there. It's not the place for lazy people the areas I worked in were fast paced they expect you to reach the quota or more each shift.

• Like 2

Sounds interesting.

I would’ve loved to have seen how that stuff was made on the production line

7 hours ago, LedFTed said:

those guys are fast enough, i wonder how much they get an hour?

$.10 cent an hour , no  over time  ,  you looking for a job ?? 

10 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

$.10 cent an hour , no  over time  ,  you looking for a job ?? 

And free finger amputations. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

And free finger amputations. 

I was watching the trimming of the edges >>> there is no OSHA in Pakistan I guess 

• Like 2

I love watching those third world manufacturing videos.   Making truck driveshafts from pieces of anchor chains etc.  All wearing sandals, no eye protection and holding tiny pieces of metal with bare hands while welding.  Crazy!😳

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

I love watching those third world manufacturing videos.   Making truck driveshafts from pieces of anchor chains etc.  All wearing sandals, no eye protection and holding tiny pieces of metal with bare hands while welding.  Crazy!😳

Me too !!! 

I have watched many >>>> Pakistan  Truck Repair are usually  good ones 

Pakistani truck

583K subscribers

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC64FbxoHfUWd5hykYk5_BvQ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I was watching the trimming of the edges >>> there is no OSHA in Pakistan I guess 

Uh hu that one job got my attention fast.. 

Fish did you ever catch the show deadliest roads ?? You would have liked it, but it was taken off the air for some reason........ Some of the working conditions were almost unreal. 

3 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Fish did you ever catch the show deadliest roads ?? You would have liked it, but it was taken off the air for some reason........ Some of the working conditions were almost unreal. 

I seen videos of deadly roads as far as driving  on them goes , not so much building them 

40 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Me too !!! 

I have watched many >>>> Pakistan  Truck Repair are usually  good ones 

Pakistani truck

583K subscribers

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC64FbxoHfUWd5hykYk5_BvQ

Thanks.  Subscribed to that one.  Ever watch Just rolled in?  Many here would enjoy seeing the totally crazy stuff some mechanics see.  Fish could probably add a few too.

• Like 1

Yeah....... It was just crazy at the chances those drivers took, but some of the remote places for a truck repaire..... With little tono parts, camping out while a supply rescue trucks makes a long trip back and forth.... Some just left the trucks on the sides of the road where thy broke down, and other drivers have striped them all the way to a bare bone frame

• Like 1