TP4MYBUNGHOLE

250es big red reverse lever

Ok I never knew you had to pull the handle and push button for revers what dose it do just lock out reverse until you do it so you don’t accidentally shift into reverse because mine goes into reverse without doing that is is going to hurt anything. I can’t remember if any of mine actually worked this way and they didn’t break but I just got my big blue and I want to keep riding it from what I can tell it just looks like a plug on the end that goes into trans idk I know there’s people on here smarter than me that’s why I asked 

Yes, there is a shaft/arm in the motor that stops the shift drum from rotating into reverse until the the lever is pulled to release the lock. It won't hurt anything with that safety removed as long as your not going at a good speed and accidentally shift past neutral into reverse. The chance is there to hurt something but if you know about it the chance should be slim.

That’s what I figured it was just a lockout like they do on race shifters I plan on repairing it I believe it’s not adjusted or cable just needs to be freed up thanks