LoganLemx

New Diff or 350d swap?

I blew up the diff on my 96 300 and a new diff is almost $400. When I can buy full rear end off a 350d for $450. I'm at a loss for knowledge here I can weld to adapt the 350d end to 300. Thoughts suggestions appreciated 

Thanks,

Logan

Hold that thought till the guys show up..... I know fish has done those swaps before, he's one i would talk to forswore!! Plus a few others And i believe there are some post  here that dabble on  this mod.

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

Hi , the quickest , easiest way to get the bracket you need to weld to the 350D rear end to make it bolt to the 300 swing arm  is to buy one prefabbed from Louisiana Don off of Facebook's Honda 300 Club , he only charges about $40 and he gives you  the bolts with it ---- personally I have never bought one from him , I make my own , I have a thread somewhere on how to do it  

• Like 2

350D swap is a no brainer here.  Absolutely do the swap to the 350 rear end

Get the plates from Don on Facebook.  If you aren’t on FB let me know and I’ll send you his email

• Like 1

I did message don, and looking to buy a 350 rear end and get is shipped from out of state. What's a good price for a 350d full rear end swing arm and everything? They seem like they are going for around 450.

I'm tuned in for the answer to that one ^^^^^^^^ i know here my old boss, wanted every foutrax 250  rear he could get his hands on, i have no idea what his asking price was. 

28 minutes ago, LoganLemx said:

I did message don, and looking to buy a 350 rear end and get is shipped from out of state. What's a good price for a 350d full rear end swing arm and everything? They seem like they are going for around 450.

just the rear diff alone for a old 350 is worth 400-450 !. they are gold right now. expect around 600 for the complete rear end.

If I see a rear for $300 or less, it’s mine.  Going rate seems to be $500ish most places for a whole rear. 

2 hours ago, LoganLemx said:

You don't need a 350 swing arm , it won't work for you on the 300 ----- 

there is a "blue"  350D  on market place , Oakdale Louisiana for $400 , someone could buy and sell and possibly get a rear end for free and make a few bucks on the deal 

• Like 1