Fishfiles

TRX450SS - 2000

This is an on going build : 200 TRX450S"S"  - I call it Hooked Up 

Yesterday a Moose 22 inch suicide shifter came into my possession and I stuck it on , the longer version fit perfect , going to like this mod as I have one on my 300 and love it 

It's a 450 engine that has a 500 sleeve , custom piston and rings z , 400 head dog house ported , 34% reduction , EBC clutch pack , HMF muffler , Dyna-Jet carb kit , custom air box and snorkel , 6 inch swing arm stretch , custom shock mount on frame , custom hitch , disc conversion front and rear , hydraulic conversion front and rear , 424 kick out , double cooler / relocated ,  1000 watt  sound system , stick stoppers , custom front bumper plate and fairlead , front light pod raised 7 inches and fitted with a led , led in front fenders , light bar and rear led light pods , winch , 29.5 Outlaws and a few other things 

I had a 6 inch lift in this bike and the builder didn't do a good job with the geometry as the 450 diff is not in the center of the frame and is offset , was having problems with the axles jumping out the diff , so took the front lift off and sent it back and lower the rear by changing shocks , thinking of having Jason build me a 6 inch front lift , but then again I am  thinking of  leaving it with the 2 inch lift in it , as it is a top heavy bike to start with and it is a flipper as it has been over on it's side a few times now , it sure looks go up there 

the problem I have with this bike right now is getting that some water gets into the crankcase somewhere , twice already the oil has gotten milky when I went over the engine , not a lot of water , just enough to make it milky looking , I have checked vent hoses , changed a few gaskets and o-rings , don't see any oil leaks , and not sure where it is getting in at , first time it happened I changed the rear out put shaft seals as there was some milky oil in the boot of the swing arm , I thought that solved the problem , but it happened again and this time the swing arm boot is clean inside , I am thinking it could be  the seal behind the pull starter , but there is no oil leak from there , you would think if it would let oil , if water could get in ---- I guess the best fix is stay out the water 

the first three pics are with a 6 inch front lift , the last 2 are with out the lift and the rear lowered down , 

IMG_8167.JPG

IMG_8228.JPG

fullsizeoutput_9a1.jpeg

IMG_8512.JPG

IMG_8518.JPG

• Like 6

Some of us were giving snow , some sand , some hard rock mountain trails , the good Lord gave me water , so I am going to make the most of it , shoot , when I think about it , water ain't nothing but melted snow and ice  

• Like 6

I’d look at the starter o-ring, not a lot of oil gets thrown up there so it could be letting water in.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LBZ said:

I’d look at the starter o-ring, not a lot of oil gets thrown up there so it could be letting water in.

I put a another OEM used starter from PSN  on it about a month ago , used the o ring that came on the starter and have never ridden in water since then , so maybe it's solved -----

Here is a pic of the Duracells , they have  2 threaded holes on each terminal which is a solid block , one vertical and one horizontal ---- it is pretty busy in there with lights , fans , sound system and  two wires jump to the second battery in the trunk  

fullsizeoutput_b85.jpeg

0F1vZzOwSfiJOPQyDOGYmg.jpg

That's hot.  Maier did a group buy on the Honda Hoarders page last month and you could order fenders in any color at a discount price.  I thought a BR or 350D in tan would have been awesome.

I looked and even with the discount a set of tan fenders for a 350D would have been about $800.  Would be awesome, but I'm poor, so wasn't happening.  LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

That's hot.  Maier did a group buy on the Honda Hoarders page last month and you could order fenders in any color at a discount price.  I thought a BR or 350D in tan would have been awesome.

I looked and even with the discount a set of tan fenders for a 350D would have been about $800.  Would be awesome, but I'm poor, so wasn't happening.  LOL

My Big Red 250 fenders will be here tomorrow. Making it White to match the pioneer, trx420 and my truck. Also doing a 18% Jeremy Lee reduction and 350cc big bore kit. 

• Like 2

Jeep / LBZ , what's up!!! ---- No like for the ATC conversion on the CRF450R , 4stroke , liquid cooled motorcycle to a three wheeler  ---- bet that is a nice chunk of money there , the cost of the bike and then the kit to convert it , very nicely done ------ 

38 minutes ago, LBZ said:

My Big Red 250 fenders will be here tomorrow. Making it White to match the pioneer, trx420 and my truck. Also doing a 18% Jeremy Lee reduction and 350cc big bore kit. 

That's gonna be sweet.  We're gonna need pics.

43 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Jeep / LBZ , what's up!!! ---- No like for the ATC conversion on the CRF450R , 4stroke , liquid cooled motorcycle to a three wheeler  ---- bet that is a nice chunk of money there , the cost of the bike and then the kit to convert it , very nicely done ------ 

you know I’m more of an old school fella myself. LOL 

but that 450 is a high dollar build. Those bikes are super expensive new and then the conversion isn’t cheap either

• Like 1

I would like to know how much he has into that build , and how much that kit cost ? I ought to shoot him a message !!!  I'd guess  over 10K ...

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I would like to know how much he has into that build , and how much that kit cost ? I ought to shoot him a message !!!  I'd guess  over 10K ...

The bike by itself is $9800, dirt bikes are more expensive than a 4x4 fourwheeler

25 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I'm glad you put both these threads up, super good information. so how i missed that post, and this one. 

I was looking for 450 builds for Freebo , so I linked it here , I sunk a lot of time ,effort and money into that one ,and I don't ride it much , kind of afraid of it in more ways than one , want to keep that one nice ,   it flips over a lot easier  than a 300 and scared of flipping it in  the water and sinking that engine ,  when I got it , it had a Highlifter BigBore kit and was smoking , Highlifter didn't make the kit any more , I  did all the research and found who made the pieces of the kit for Highlifter , then found  they were not suppose to sell the pieces  if you "asked"  for a Highlifter kit from them , thought it was a Wisco piston , turned out to be custom made by J+E for a 93.5 bore , then gave all the ring dimensions to Total Seal   who put together the rings set , cause if you ask for a Highlifter ring set they can't sell them to you , Retro helped me a lot with it and he is building a fan control gizmo for it  ---- I would never go that route again , it does scream , but I would replace the jug and piston with a stock set if any thing were to happen to it  --------- that 450 only had 515 hours   and 501 hours when I got it , you can tell that was a mud bike with those higher hours and low miles  --- I actually bought that bike for $500 for the tires and rims and parts , and decided to build it , the  tires and rims that came with that 450 are on my blue 300                                                                        

• Like 2

yeah i was reading back in the forums where you, and jeep were talking about the weight defrence, and how much those tend to sink, and tip over compared to a 300, I've kind been back reading waiting for this ice storm which (which you guessed it) never showed up... so figured I'd just catch up on some great threads,  that haven't been bumped up in a while. 

Edit: also, what got me to reading back was the other the arid about a top end on a 2021 420 (your last post, i kind of recall reading about build, so... I'm looking forward to the 420 top end swop, if it can be done ? 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 3:04 PM, LBZ said:

@LBZ , lets see an updated  pic of your white 250ES in the ATC thread , I posted  one of your pics but it was from far away

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

yeah i was reading back in the forums where you, and jeep were talking about the weight defrence, and how much those tend to sink, and tip over compared to a 300, I've kind been back reading waiting for this ice storm which (which you guessed it) never showed up... so figured I'd just catch up on some great threads,  that haven't been bumped up in a while. 

That is a good thing that ice storm never hit you !!! Sounds like Global scare tactics .....   Weather is crazy ,you under ice storm threats and  it's 64F at 3:00 AM  here and going to 68F for a high today , but we are suppose to get a little  taste of cold this weekend and to Tuesday 

After riding  450s , I appreciate my 300s more in the type of riding we do 

• Like 1

thank you! we've been lucky so far.. right now it's 34 from a high of 70 yesterday .. i used to be good at reading the weather, but this season (winter) has thrown me for a loop,.... but if that front turns south ? who knows .. not sure how many members we have in Kentucky , i know Ted,and rubidan, kind of looks like all these members might have been effected by the ice storm, hoping the best for those who have. 

@Louis @DuckOfDeath @Bryant, @BoCephas @HondaHunt

well it just turned ... 33 outside with lightening and rain, strange!!