2015 rancher

shift sensor

I bought a new angle shift sensor and it works fine for 5 or 10 minutes then does what it wants.Keeps giving a 22 code.buy another sensor ,same thing.Good for awhile and does what it wants.I did this with six oem sensors and my shift motor is fine with a new battery.Iv'e checked all my connections and put grease on them.It's a fa5 dtc rancher and well taken care of.Has 3600 miles and never had a problem till i left it in storage for a year but drove it atleast every month.mechanics in my area don't even want to mess with es models.I don't have a check engine light and wondering would it be worth buying a diagnostic tester?I hear of alot of people buying ecu units and didn't solve the problem.I also checked for mice damage.If anyone has any idea i sure would appreciate it because i can't even get a shop to look at it.

Hi: You can get a service manual at top of page --- go to section 13 - 34 and do the checks with a good meter -- sorry I can't stay with you with this -- I am very busy with things here

Edited by Melatv

On 9/12/2022 at 4:56 PM, 2015 rancher said:

I bought a new angle shift sensor and it works fine for 5 or 10 minutes then does what it wants.Keeps giving a 22 code.buy another sensor ,same thing.Good for awhile and does what it wants.I did this with six oem sensors and my shift motor is fine with a new battery.Iv'e checked all my connections and put grease on them.It's a fa5 dtc rancher and well taken care of.Has 3600 miles and never had a problem till i left it in storage for a year but drove it atleast every month.mechanics in my area don't even want to mess with es models.I don't have a check engine light and wondering would it be worth buying a diagnostic tester?I hear of alot of people buying ecu units and didn't solve the problem.I also checked for mice damage.If anyone has any idea i sure would appreciate it because i can't even get a shop to look at it.

My 420 rancher had 22 code I replaced the shifter motor with new position sensor and it  fix mine , the shifter motor would turn but has push slack in it when you pushed shaft back and when I received the new shifter motor it was a lot tighter.