shadetree

2002 trx450fm ( S )

3 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

How many times have you called RMATV this week?  LOL

1 time..lol. they said as far as they can see ?, there are still in the process of getting them to them, then to me.

• Thanks 1

update: well..got the dreaded phone call from rmatv ( a month later ! ) that the front fender is no longer being made from honda !..not sure how this pan's out after i spoke to a rep from honda motor corp ?..lady told me back then most parts were still being made ?..yeah..what ever lady !!..lol. had to speak to the gal ( give her the bad news she was not getting her fav color..sigh )..she choose to go with red..and even that color may not be around for some of the body parts ??..sigh. anyway..had all plastics changed to red now...we'll see how this pans out in a few weeks ?, yes..i said few weeks..as the front fender is also on back order..which tells me..it may too be discontinued today ?..man..this project is killing me !. and i know dang well..IT'S CUZZ THIS MF STARTED OUT YELLOW !!!..lol. i've said it b4..i'll say it again...YELLOW DOES NOT LIKE ME !..THAT GOES BOTH WAYS..ROFL,

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Shade......what to say what to say ? Hm..... I'll have to think about this ^^^^ I'll go a head and say..... Shhhh i think she's better off with the flag ship color, but that's just me..... It says ride red.... I'm sure you'll make it up to her  some how (wink wink) lol! 

22 hours ago, shadetree said:

update: well..got the dreaded phone call from rmatv ( a month later ! ) that the front fender is no longer being made from honda !..not sure how this pan's out after i spoke to a rep from honda motor corp ?..lady told me back then most parts were still being made ?..yeah..what ever lady !!..lol. had to speak to the gal ( give her the bad news she was not getting her fav color..sigh )..she choose to go with red..and even that color may not be around for some of the body parts ??..sigh. anyway..had all plastics changed to red now...we'll see how this pans out in a few weeks ?, yes..i said few weeks..as the front fender is also on back order..which tells me..it may too be discontinued today ?..man..this project is killing me !. and i know dang well..IT'S CUZZ THIS MF STARTED OUT YELLOW !!!..lol. i've said it b4..i'll say it again...YELLOW DOES NOT LIKE ME !..THAT GOES BOTH WAYS..ROFL,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155107971438?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=4QAaKFFiRcW&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=iTenp9yKQJ-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

this is same guy I ordered my buddy’s tan front fender.  If you add it to your watch list he’ll usually offer a discount within 24 hours

2 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155107971438?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=4QAaKFFiRcW&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=iTenp9yKQJ-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

this is same guy I ordered my buddy’s tan front fender.  If you add it to your watch list he’ll usually offer a discount within 24 hours

thanks for the info, but last i checked, nothing in yellow is in stock as of a few hrs ago. its not looking good at all to get all yellow plastics from here on out. i made ( she made ) the choice to just go red. i did find that ^^ very same fender on ebay, i'm not paying over oem price, he can keep it.

• Like 1

image.png

Sun Yellow, Rust-Oleum American Accents 2X Ultra Cover Gloss Spray Paint- 12 oz

$5.98

LOL 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I  never thought about camo..... I like that idea over a solid color. 

camo does not last long, after a few washes, it comes off, least the early camo did this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goober said:

I like the camouflage but didn’t come out til—2008?

Camo fenders are $$$$. 

1 hour ago, shadetree said:

camo does not last long, after a few washes, it comes off, least the early camo did this.

Once the camo peels off though you get some cool looking tan fenders.

• Like 2

Hold on ...... I thought these only came in 3 colors ?? Ketchup mustard, and relish........ So the camo is just like those rear 300 fender stickers ..... That always seem to peel 1st..... That's the 1st thing (or one of) .i took off of my 2000 300..... Nd of corse they can't be found...... Well... Not the oem badges... Least they wearnt last i checked.... 

23 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Hold on ...... I thought these only came in 3 colors ?? Ketchup mustard, and relish........ So the camo is just like those rear 300 fender stickers ..... That always seem to peel 1st..... That's the 1st thing (or one of) .i took off of my 2000 300..... Nd of corse they can't be found...... Well... Not the oem badges... Least they wearnt last i checked.... 

like goober said ^^, camo did not come out until the later yrs. its only beige color under it, the trx400fm foremans were some of the beige colors back then that had this color. in the later yrs, honda started making the camo fenders, all they are is beige fenders with camo sticky stuff on them, this is why they peel so easy.

update: just got the front grill delivered just now. if only i had a FRONT FENDER TO ATTACH IT TOO ??!!..LOL.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shadetree said:

like goober said ^^, camo did not come out until the later yrs. its only beige color under it, the trx400fm foremans were some of the beige colors back then that had this color. in the later yrs, honda started making the camo fenders, all they are is beige fenders with camo sticky stuff on them, this is why they peel so easy.

Yep, you have "Harvest Beige" on the 300's and 400 Foreman. 

It's a lighter tan than what's under the camo plastics.

The camo machines, at least on the Rincons, 05-11 Foreman and 05-14 Rubicons and 07-13 420's, were a hydro dipped camo over brown fenders.

3001.jpg

rinn3.jpg

Rancher.jpg

rancher2.jpg

• Like 2

Man I found this thread today and it doesn't disappoint! Question for you @shadetree did you reuse the shocks that came with it and just repainted it or were you able to find someone with them in stock?

1 hour ago, SilentBob said:

Man I found this thread today and it doesn't disappoint! Question for you @shadetree did you reuse the shocks that came with it and just repainted it or were you able to find someone with them in stock?

just cleaned the old shocks up, re-used them, after i painted them of course..lol.

1 hour ago, SilentBob said:

What’s your method for removing all the rust? Flap disc or do you have a sand blaster?

flap disc on a grinder, hand sanding, wire brush is how i do it.

On 10/29/2022 at 8:42 PM, shadetree said:

Dont forget about me on that yellow side cover on the right side!  If you want to sell it let me know,  Thanks Shadetree!

Edited by 99450ES
Reword

On 11/8/2022 at 8:53 AM, 99450ES said:

Dont forget about me on that yellow side cover on the right side!  If you want to sell it let me know,  Thanks Shadetree!

do you want the brand new cover ( star burst yellow ) or the old side cover that is a faded yellow ?.

update: got a call from rocky mountain atv this morning, they said all the red fender parts, body parts have came in, paid for them, was told some will be here friday, and the rest will be here monday, i wont be here, will be in the deer woods.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, shadetree said:

do you want the brand new cover ( star burst yellow ) or the old side cover that is a faded yellow ?.

The used one preferably. Hate to have one bright piece that is new  and doesn't match.

Edited by 99450ES
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 99450ES said:

The used one preferably. Hate to have one bright piece that is new  and doesn't match.

ok, will have to wait until i get back in town some time later next week, going to the deer woods,  we'll get the shipping info and cost lined out, you pay for the cover and shipping i have no idea what this will be for shipping ?, but i'll sell the cover for 20 bucks . ( the old faded cover ), sound good ?. do not post the info in this thread, we'll handle it in pm.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, shadetree said:

ok, will have to wait until i get back in town some time later next week, going to the deer woods,  we'll get the shipping info and cost lined out, you pay for the cover and shipping i have no idea what this will be for shipping ?, but i'll sell the cover for 20 bucks . ( the old faded cover ), sound good ?. do not post the info in this thread, we'll handle it in pm.

Works for me, shoot me a pm once your back and we can get it figured out.  Thanks!