shadetree

2002 trx450fm ( S )

1 hour ago, Misterclean said:

Are you sure? I've heard contrary stories. I hope.not.......he plays a good character. We anxiously await the Sunday night release of 1923. It's almost as good.

Sent you a PM with a link to the story 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, shadetree said:

as this one decides when to turn the lights on no matter where the button is at ?..lol.

Perfect nic name for that machine >> Christine...... 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Perfect nic name for that machine >> Christine...... 

omg...please don't jinx me anymore than i've already been !!!...lol.

• Haha 1

Is this your better halfs bike ? Im sorry i can't recall.... Seance i can drive now .... I'm almost always gone... Lol! Only reason I'm back home now.. Is because the pre Daytona race party was a tad out there for me.... And that same guy that i let have at my place a few years back asked me again... I said nope!!! However.... I'd like to know what y'all did to Dennis's cows....some still wont come close to the line fence...... Long story.... 

1 minute ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Is this your better halfs bike ? Im sorry i can't recall.... Seance i can drive now .... I'm almost always gone... Lol! Only reason I'm back home now.. Is because the pre Daytona race party was a tad out there for me.... And that same guy that i let have at my place a few years back asked me again... I said nope!!! However.... I'd like to know what y'all did to Dennis's cows....some still wont come close to the line fence...... Long story.... 

yes..this will be my gal's bike. we both will have matching atvs...cept mine has a warn 2500-s on it, i told her..I'M NOT PUTTING A WINCH ON YOUR ATV @ $ 600.00 dollars !..lol.

• Like 1

Just now, _Wilson_™ said:

Old yeller..... Now I'm caught up. 

haha..you know as well as i do...ANYTHING I TOUCH THAT IS YELLOW ?..BITES ME HARD !..ROFL,

• Like 1

made a trip to harbor freight yesterday afternoon, purchased a 8000 lb hand winch, i'm gonna hang it from my shop floor, use it to jack the front end this time, instead of draining the oil again !. will make it alot easier to work on when its up in the air. i'll get some pics of this process if ya'll want to see how i do it ?.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

image.jpg

yeah yeah..in my case..i'd rather have a few cold bud's while i work on this mf'er !..lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I thought by now Harley would've contacted you... I just don't know what to think anymore.....lol! 

he better not contact me ?..i've seen pics of him using red rtv sealant on that 350 rancher ?..if this is the case ?..he'll be better off not ever contacting me !..rofl.

• Haha 1

update: ok, got her up in the air, front cover pics during tear down once again !. if this new one-way bearing does not solve the problem ?, then it looks like i will be pulling this engine, and going back through it to find out what the problem is ?/!.

the centrifugal clutch is just resting on the crank, i put it back on there to keep up with the parts.

IMG_0506.JPG

IMG_0507.JPG

IMG_0508.JPG

IMG_0509.JPG

IMG_0510.JPG

• Like 1

just placed an order from partzilla ( grrrrrr ! ) , because rmatv did not have the outer clutch housing ?, that rang up otd to $ 266.70. i figured what the heck, may as well replace that, seeing how i got it all apart ?. yeah yeah..it was pricey ?..but i'm not dealing with more clutch issues from here on out. the outer clutch housing looked very rough from grooves from the one-way bearing ?, i tried to get some pic's ?, but it's very hard to focus on such a shiny area , said screw it, i'll just tell them..lol. anyway, more money..more time..it's not like i'm broke or anything huh ?.. ( sigh..i will be after this build ! ). :-).

• Like 1

i may have to start a go-fund me account to help cover all this money i'm spending on this build..why am i doing this ?..oh yeah..cuz it's for my gal ( i feel like i'm married ! )..sigh.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Might as well tie the knot....... 

don't make me slap you !..lol.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, shadetree said:

i may have to start a go-fund me account to help cover all this money i'm spending on this build..why am i doing this ?..oh yeah..cuz it's for my gal ( i feel like i'm married ! )..sigh.

I seen a  meme of a guy holding a sign that  reads , not homeless or hungry , just need money for ATV parts 

• Haha 2

If things keep getting higher in price good chance we might witness that in person........ That's all we ain't the bike theft bad enough ? Lol! 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

If things keep getting higher in price good chance we might witness that in person........ That's all we ain't the bike theft bad enough ? Lol! 

I am glad I retired when I did , seen in the news , they are stealing mechanic /plumber /electrician trucks with tool bodies  , some at car jacking by gunpoint , quick sell for them on the tools and and a bonus big buck cat convertor on the  diesel models 

• Like 1

Really ?! The cats off the diesels  .... I'll admit i never thought of researching what money metals (platinum, palladium, and rhodium.) the cats on diesels have in them for the reaction....ect ect..... How ever... This did catch my eye... The vehicle most likely to be de catfied 

According to the NICB, the 1985-2021 Ford F-Series pickup truck is the most likely vehicle to have its catalytic converter stolen. Even broken down by regions of the United States, it is the most commonly targeted vehicle in the northeast, south, and midwest. It is only bested by one car in the West.

Thanks MC....... Perfect timing.... Completely derailed my train of thought..... Lol! 

2 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Really ?! The cats off the diesels  .... I'll admit i never thought of researching what money metals (platinum, palladium, and rhodium.) the cats on diesels have in them for the reaction....ect ect..... How ever... This did catch my eye... The vehicle most likely to be de catfied 

Thanks MC....... Perfect timing.... Completely derailed my train of thought..... Lol! 

seems to be a lot of de-railing in this thread ?, hmmm....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

update: outer clutch shows to be here weds ?..dangit..it'll get here b4 the one-way clutch bearing ?, AND I ORDERED THE OUTER CLUTCH PART 2 DAYS AFTER THE ONE-WAY BEARING PART ?..WTH !..LOL.