Fishfiles

TRX300FW - 1995

On 3/19/2020 at 1:05 PM, jeepwm69 said:

I can tell you that the M6 are the right size for these Hondas.  I haven't had to use any of the other sizes yet (knock on wood)

I ordered a set this morning like you got and linked  for me   , that entire set cost the same as a one 6mm size kit , I am with you on hoping to never have to use the other sizes ----I see you mentioned the bit got dull quick , I have a Drill Doctor , great tool for sharpening bit , ever see one 

8 hours ago, shrade said:

fish, figure out where and how you are going to mount that fan controller to keep it dry?

You got any ideas? 

At the moment I am thinking about putting that controller into a  water proof box which will also houses  the sound system amp , I don't even have that box yet , right now it has a custom sound tube and the amp is inside of the tube  , I am going to change sound systems to a Boss with 4 pods , swopping sounds so the front rack will have  room for the cooler/ fan box , also thinking since this controller has two fan circuits built into , I might go with two fans like my 450 is set up , one fan for the coolers , and a fan with no cooler on the engine , then run a kill toggle to the engine fan so it can be turned off while submerged   ,   ---   the project is snowballing fast into an avalanche --- 

• Like 2

I happened to have had made a print with some dimensions for the frames of the last cooler/ fan  I built , Started gather up parts , done some priming and cutting pieces out to be welded for the frame -------   second cooler arrived from PSN ,  started  stacking the  two coolers together with tubing and all thread -------   new fan came in , already got the adjustable fan controller gizmo ,  I still need  the hose and have the cover made ( free ) ,  so when it is all finished , I think I am going to be about $160 into it , that is not counting the adaptor fittings , 90s and hose barbs  for the head and the cover that I already had  , that was about $40 , so it is going to be  a $200 project 

b3hDnD8jRCem0mOldjz9wg.jpg

fullsizeoutput_bce.jpeg

• Like 2

I talked about having to remove the sound system off the front rack for the cooler relocate , took it off and started thinking about it , I hate to loose this set up off the atv ,I built it from scratch , it jams and has been dependable , took a a dip here and there and still working , it would be  so easy to move it to the back rack , 4 u-bolts and move the two plug in wires to the back , but then I won't have room for a ice chest , that can be  a good reason to not have to be the caddy , as caddying  can get to be a pain in the butt , and with Social Distancing coming into play now days , I might want my own personally ice chest anyways , also there is nothing worst then getting separated from the caddy and go dry ---think long think wrong 

The tube is 6 inch pipe and 90s , Kubota air cleaner mounting clamps , Pyle Marine amp and speakers , it can play blue tooth , but I use a cord and a MP3 player 

Makes me think of something that happened last ride , my buddy just put a Boss sound system on his bike and plays it blue tooth , I was riding my blue 300 which has a Boss also , the sound is being played thru a cord on mine and I don't use the blue tooth , but when we would get close to one another , my sound would come out of his speakers and his sound out mine , would have to say that the blue tooth functions even if the cord is plugged in , that was crazy 

fullsizeoutput_bcf.jpeg

• Like 1

Dry run before welding ----- just picked up some cheap Harbor Freight magnetic blocks and used them  , they worked out good 

Fh%IVysSQdCmkFl7X2tA8w.jpg

3D6zxprvRTmv7h2jZzzh6w.jpg

• Like 4

Done a bit more on the cooler project , was asked quite a few times now why not finish the engine first , it isn't going to roll till it is finished , so I like to work on things I like to do first , LOL , the bolts are not tight yet on that cooler frame , need to find a piece of rubber to sandwich between the two coolers like I did on the last one  took the cover , that my buddy built , off my 450 to see what it was going to look like and how it fits , no handle bar interference as my buddy Shade told me to watch out for , that would have been a bummer to finish it all and it hit the bars in a turn -------  playing around with where the light bar is going to go , I think it looks better down low and better visibility 

fullsizeoutput_bd7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_bd8.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_bd1.jpeg

bWxX9T0XT7ylRC1TF9qmaw.jpg

Q9NAGdU7QWm3PmEvSjd5RA.jpg

• Like 3

Finished fab'ing the cooler/fan assembly , just have to weld the brackets  to finish this part the project 

fullsizeoutput_bda.jpeg

Pa9IY88qTZeaNiF3yq3UCQ.jpg

• Like 2

Tacked up the brackets and did a fit check ,before welding them solid , primed and painted flat black ----I jst got them magnets from Harbor Freight , on sale , $1.99 each for the big ones , and $5 for 4 small ones , they worked out really good 

fullsizeoutput_bdc.jpeg

oQqTT9DcQS6iphJqme7Feg.jpg

i2f7HmpSRuWMnsXwigM43Q.jpg

X5RN2F+eRkSt2w9dU0gH1Q.jpg

• Like 4

I have looked high and low for a one piece fitting to make the connection  or even a 1/8 tpt male to 3/8 hose barb , or a #4 AN / JIC ff to 3/8 hose bard , and couldn't find neither ----   the ones in the pic are 5/16 barb  and fit a bit loose on the 3/8  hose , it would work , but since time is not a factor , thought I get the right fitting , best I could come up with is , I ordered a reducing 90 female both ends - 1/8 + 1/4  and a 1/4 tpt m swivel x 3/8 hose barb , needed to be swivel so it can be easily removed if necessary ---  should be a clean removable connection  when finished 

fullsizeoutput_be3.jpeg

Finished building the frame /cooler /fan assembly , stuck the cover off my 450 on it for kicks and it fits , would like my buddy to build this cover a litle more stylish ---- on the light bar , I think I am going to get rid of them mounting brackets , use some longer bolts with  pieces of pipe to mount the light bar to the plates on the bottom of the fan brackets and get that bar right over the top of the rack tube 

Shade , you are right about WD40  , I sprayed that front fender and rack down with it , wiped it off and it did a nice job cleaning it up 

fullsizeoutput_be5.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_be6.jpeg

w+AO9UL3RqGhrm%ptotc%g.jpg

• Like 3

Made some new light bar mounts and got the light bolted down , the wire is a plug in so it is working ----- next going for the automatic fan controller and wiring ----and get my buddy to make me a cover /grill 

fullsizeoutput_be9.jpeg

mGN+aRxnTBG+YJCSBu6bGA.jpg

TwkmBOcTTLmhWF45hyBwaw.jpg

• Like 2

The fan controller  fits into this water tight box , but this box  is for my cigarettes and cell phone , might just get another one like it and mount it behind the fan ,looks like there is just enough room for it , then  drill a hole thru the side and use  a bulkhead fitting with the rubber insert to pass the wires thru then silicone on top of that , should be water proof and easy to open and get in there if needed ----

I am seriously  thinking about installing a second fan on the engine without a cooler , this controller will do two fans , another fan is about $25 , we get 100 degree days here in the summer , 90 is the norm 

fullsizeoutput_beb.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_be6.jpeg

• Like 1

Was barely able to get the drill in to drill a hole in the box for the bulkhead fitting without taking the box off , put a o-ring on that bulkhead and applied some silicone around the base , it has a rubber insert , but think I am going to pump the inside  full of silicone before it is over , didn't have the right size hole punch , so made one out of an old socket and it worked good ----- I picked up the small black box from Harbor Freight , after a coupon it was $12 ---still thinking about sticking this clear/blue controller box behind the fan and put that black box where the clear one was 

fullsizeoutput_bff.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_bf9.jpeg

nuUfoT2MS9ePcB419IgJUg.jpg

fullsizeoutput_bfd.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_bfc.jpeg

• Like 4

Found a piece of aluminum that fit perfect to mount the dry storage box on , didn't have to cut it , then I found I could move the fan controller box to the same plate on the other side of the rack , the wiring should be easy , going to tap the power and ground wires to the winch controller which is up under the steering tower 

fullsizeoutput_c06.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_c04.jpeg

9OOzRAr1SmGQvMbxQPfCnw.jpg

AoDPPyvvQj6NytUvd1ccGw.jpg

SpbcvTmCSqqQLMtX0z3gQA.jpg

• Like 2

lookin good fish, cigs and phone are dry, oil cooler fan under control, all is well!

• Like 1

I have been sorting out my Honda nuts, bolts and small hardware.  It is a tedious job.  But when finished will be nice when looking for something. Just 4 more 5 gallon buckets to go.  

EDEC6747-8B05-4A32-83F7-118709087FA6.jpeg

• Like 3

Mounted the thermocouple in the top left side of the cooler at the inlet port , going thru the fenders with the cooler hoses , using the rubber insert from a crowfoot air connector , snaps into the fender tight , then applied some silicone on the bottom side to make sure they stays there , did the same thing on my 450 and they are solid ---  made a print for the sheet metal cover and sent it to my buddy with the sheet metal shop , he said he has been a little slow and might have it for me this evening ---- got all the wires ran to a central location just have to solder them , probably going to use those solder butt connectors , thinking about adding some weather proof connector plugs to make it easy to remove the front rack in the future 

nNHDhsRIQmeuCUmtL%YvSg.jpg

fullsizeoutput_c0e.jpeg

• Like 3

Got a bunch done yesterday , LOL , pushed the cooler hoses thru the grommets 

VeaLTG3LTm+p4BL7l6LSnQ.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I copied Shade  and got a new parts washer ,  the Harbor Freight $99 20 gallon with a 20% off coupon , which come out to about $80 before taxes , then went to Tractor Supply and got some PCS1000 cleaning fluid , only thing the store by me only had one can , had to go to Picyuanne Mississippi , 25 minutes away to get another one , I got two , box said it holds 12 gallons of fluid , 10gal  is full , the booklet  lied , so now I got some extra for the little washer I have , so   $80 to fill it , $80 for the washer , $160 , some fittings and tax , about $200 worth ----- I really like the washer and the fluid  , the solvent isn't too hard on my hands , I had on gloves but still got it all over me ,burns just a little on my wrist  and it cleans well and dries fast and not oily ----so I cleaned all the covers and small parts -- Shade put me on to putting a drain valve on the bottom for when it comes time to empty the tank  --- I think this was a good investment 

NDvnBzboSfWOqWD4YMgXVQ.jpg

sqCUvsoPSPaHXjqYOsVKxw.jpg

fullsizeoutput_c14.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I copied Shade  and got a new parts washer ,  the Harbor Freight $99 20 gallon with a 20% off coupon , which come out to about $80 before taxes , then went to Tractor Supply and got some PCS1000 cleaning fluid , only thing the store by me only had one can , had to go to Picyuanne Mississippi , 25 minutes away to get another one , I got two , box said it holds 12 gallons of fluid , 10gal  is full , the booklet  lied , so now I got some extra for the little washer I have , so   $80 to fill it , $80 for the washer , $160 , some fittings and tax , about $200 worth ----- I really like the washer and the fluid  , the solvent isn't too hard on my hands , I had on gloves but still got it all over me ,burns just a little on my wrist  and it cleans well and dries fast and not oily ----so I cleaned all the covers and small parts -- Shade put me on to putting a drain valve on the bottom for when it comes time to empty the tank  --- I think this was a good investment 

NDvnBzboSfWOqWD4YMgXVQ.jpg

sqCUvsoPSPaHXjqYOsVKxw.jpg

fullsizeoutput_c14.jpeg

I put mine on a harbor freight furniture dolly, put the shelf all the way at the bottom of the legs (that way those solvent 5 gal cans will sit on the shelf), added a screw on oil filter to the pump, and put a ball valve on the drain. 

14 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

I put mine on a harbor freight furniture dolly, put the shelf all the way at the bottom of the legs (that way those solvent 5 gal cans will sit on the shelf), added a screw on oil filter to the pump, and put a ball valve on the drain. 

The filter sound good.  The roller wouldn’t help me much. No concrete.  I think a hose would be better than the flexible steel wand.  I was going to pitch them steel cans. Get all the plastics one I want.  Might should keep them steelies 

i'm impressed bro !, well done !!, i think yu'll like that parts washer alot !!. dont worry to much about the fluid, it wont burn you like acid..lol, i dont wear gloves at all, but i'm used to it, been using this stuff for years now, i even told jeep what to use in his parts washer, i guess he too likes it ?..lol.

• Like 1