Fishfiles

TRX300FW - 1995

TRX300FW - 1995 Red --- this one has some mods done to it , it has a Wisco 10.5/1 piston , 250 cam , sprocket and chain , bored 250 jug and chain adjuster , ported head , 54% reduction , EBC clutch pac , 424 kick out , disc conversion front , 250 master cylinder  skid plate , stick stoppers , custom front bumper guard and fairlead , floor boards ,  winch , snorkeled , 250 rear end , 250 spring loaded drive shaft/u-joint , led lights , Mudzilla 26s on ITP 4 slot rims , engine is powder coated red , black and silver ( bad deal there ) and a few other things 

this one is running hot , I have a cooler to put into it , but I know that is not the problem of it running hot , think it has something to do with a  freebie power coating job on the engine and the internal pieces come loose and I have found flakes in the filter now a few times 

IMG_4072.JPG

fullsizeoutput_15e.jpeg

IMG_5905.JPG

• Like 5

Looks amazing. Followed your complete thread on this build on the old forum. Will you be tearing the motor apart to check why its running hot?

• Like 1

I'm glad you brought these threads back to life! I really enjoyed each one! 

Edited by _Wilson_™

1 hour ago, machinecrook said:

Looks amazing. Followed your complete thread on this build on the old forum. Will you be tearing the motor apart to check why its running hot?

Yes , I think the first step is remove the side cover to check the screen , would bet it is going to be full of flakes 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 2:59 PM, Fishfiles said:

TRX300FW - 1995 Red --- this one has some mods done to it , it has a Wisco 10.5/1 piston , 250 cam , sprocket and chain , bored 250 jug and chain adjuster , ported head , 54% reduction , EBC clutch pac , 424 kick out , disc conversion front , 250 master cylinder  skid plate , stick stoppers , custom front bumper guard and fairlead , floor boards ,  winch , snorkeled , 250 rear end , 250 spring loaded drive shaft/u-joint , led lights , Mudzilla 26s on ITP 4 slot rims , engine is powder coated red , black and silver ( bad deal there ) and a few other things 

this one is running hot , I have a cooler to put into it , but I know that is not the problem of it running hot , think it has something to do with a  freebie power coating job on the engine and the internal pieces come loose and I have found flakes in the filter now a few times 

IMG_4072.JPG

fullsizeoutput_15e.jpeg

IMG_5905.JPG

Fish, in relation to the light bar and LED head lights, what sort of brightness do you get from all that? Any pics of it in the dark?

The stock bulbs I have on mine are fine for my current use but I'm interested to see what output something like your outfit can give?

• Like 1

Turbo , I don't know how I messed your post ^ , bit I did ---- the led lights are insane , they  really lights it up deep into the trees ,  don't think I have any good  night time light pics at the monment ---- people riding in front need sun block , lol 

• Haha 4

paint on the motor should not make them run hot bro !. i paint mine all the time, and not one of them has ever ran hot. oil not flowing good will cause this, bad oil pump, or weak oil pump, not enough air flow to the engine will make them run hot.

The powder coating I was mentioning about making it run hot ---- I wish I wouldn't have seen them jackpots , thinking about taking a ride now  IMG_5959.JPGIMG_5957.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

The powder coating I was mentioning about making it run hot ---- I wish I wouldn't have seen them jackpots , thinking about taking a ride now  IMG_5959.JPGIMG_5957.JPG

wow..he paint the inside of it ??..lol.

• Like 1

I can only imagine what the oil pickup screen looks like?

• Like 2

At this point I think the case needs to be split and the engine needs to be completely gone thru 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TRX Student said:

Whats the fix? Just make oil changes abit more frequently, hoping nothing plugs up?

as fish ^^^ said..motor has to come out, split, gone through, then back together.

• Like 1

^Shade^ made me an offer to go thru  this red flake infested  300 engine , I am going to take him up on that offer  , I know it will be done first class ---- got to get it out the frame  and on a GreyHound bus up to Arkansas ,a multi-state rebuild 

Found a pic when the powder coating job  was first done -------  beauty is only skin deep on this one ---- cause it is ugly inside ---- 

IMG_5565.JPG

IMG_5563.JPG

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

^Shade^ made me an offer to go thru  this red flake infested  300 engine , I am going to take him up on that offer  , I know it will be done first class ---- got to get it out the frame  and on a GreyHound bus up to Arkansas ,a multi-state rebuild 

Found a pic when the powder coating job  was first done -------  beauty is only skin deep on this one ---- cause it is ugly inside ---- 

IMG_5565.JPG

IMG_5563.JPG

lol fish ^^^, i'll take care of ya bro..will be done right !!! ( by my standards anyway )..lol. jeeps69 seems to be happy with the engine I did for him !..lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

be sure to get me all gaskets, any oil seals you may need ?, i'll tear it apart, go through it, put it back together, and get it on its way back to ya !.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fishfiles said:

Which brand gasket kit do you prefer !!!

I normally use vesrah or namura..either one is good.

Also I have a never been opened  in the box G+H re-bored jug with a Shindy piston and ring set , might as well start off fresh again , I would guess that red engine has only got a little more than a couple of hundred  hours on it , but  it got pretty hot a couple of times , temp light never came on , but that light is a too late thing  

Just now, Fishfiles said:

Also I have a never been opened  in the box G+H re-bored jug with a Shindy piston and ring set , might as well start off fresh again , I would guess that red engine has only got a little more than a couple of hundred  hours on it , but  it got pretty hot a couple of times , temp light never came on , but that light is a too late thing  

sure, send it all, I'll take care of ya !

• Like 1

and of course..there is no charge for this !!, some day when I get down that way ?, you can make up for it !..lol.

• Like 3