Fishfiles

TRX300FW - 1995

You say no pay , that sounds great and I appreciate it , but I want to make a donation to your atv adventures ----- I just ordered a Namura complete gasket set, will be to me Thursday ----------  the engine had a new TRX250 DID chain and sprocket a couple of hundred hours ago , I would bet it will need an oil pump after that powder coat fiassco , I have used pumps , maybe I'll pick one out and throw it in the crate in case -------  what about 450 parts , do you need anything for yours that I could throw in the crate 

7 minutes ago, shadetree said:

and of course..there is no charge for this !!, some day when I get down that way ?, you can make up for it !..lol.

You never know , one day I might get you down here and I let you swamp ride and you love it , LOL 

32 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

You say no pay , that sounds great and I appreciate it , but I want to make a donation to your atv adventures ----- I just ordered a Namura complete gasket set, will be to me Thursday ----------  the engine had a new TRX250 DID chain and sprocket a couple of hundred hours ago , I would bet it will need an oil pump after that powder coat fiassco , I have used pumps , maybe I'll pick one out and throw it in the crate in case -------  what about 450 parts , do you need anything for yours that I could throw in the crate 

nope, don't need any parts for my trx450fm, unless you want to splurge for a battery, so I can replace the one I took out of the '88 trx300fw ?. other than this..nah..i'm good bro !. and you will NEVER get me to swamp ride !!, h__ll will freeze over before that happens !..lol.

• Like 1

I read that powder coat heat issue thread , I was on the edge before and now I am convinced , the best thing for me to  do is dig up another set of 300 cases and side covers , another head and rocker cover and ditch all the powder coated pieces , already have the jug 

• Like 1

I imagine the head and rocker cover is clean as a whistle inside by now.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, retro said:

I imagine the head and rocker cover is clean as a whistle inside by now.

maybe ?, but the problem is, its powder coated on the outside, and when this is done ?, powder coating retains heat, and this was his problem from the start, along with powder coating paint inside the engine !..lol.

• Like 1

Nah, heat retention is not an issue all. Its effects are non-existent, just an old wives tale among men who overthink and don't understand the subject. As long as the coatings are removed from the interior spaces those parts can be used again.

EDIT: Incidentally, dark Red provides better heat transfer properties than bright aluminum does. The ideal color for a heat exchanger is black. Are ya gonna quit painting your motors silver because they tend to trap heat....? Didn't think so... 🙂

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, retro said:

Nah, heat retention is not an issue all. Its effects are non-existent, just an old wives tale among men who overthink and don't understand the subject. As long as the coatings are removed from the interior spaces those parts can be used again.

EDIT: Incidentally, dark Red provides better heat transfer properties than bright aluminum does. The ideal color for a heat exchanger is black. Are ya gonna quit painting your motors silver because they tend to trap heat....? Didn't think so... 🙂

but my silver don't make my motors over heat ?..lol. and its a lot thinner than powder coating is. what ever he wants. makes me no diff, i'll still rip it apart, and clean it all out, build it back together :-).

• Like 1

Silver is the worse color of all, yet it has no ill effects on cooling does it.

The defense rests your honor... 🙂

• Like 2

Fishfiles motor is overheating because it is not getting enough oil. Not because its Red...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, retro said:

Silver is the worse color of all, yet it has no ill effects on cooling does it.

The defense rests your honor... 🙂

so you say !..objection your honor, he's badgering the witness !

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, retro said:

Fishfiles motor is overheating because it is not getting enough oil. Not because its Red...

well.it deff did not help painting the inside of the motor for it to all stop up..huh ?..lol. I hope it did not ruin his top end ?.

• Like 1

Yeah it'll probably be fine once its clean inside and has a new oil pump. Remember, air cooled motors are actually oil cooled motors.... the motor oil provides more than 70 percent of the cooling, while air flow provides the remainder.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, retro said:

Yeah it'll probably be fine once its clean inside and has a new oil pump. Remember, air cooled motors are actually oil cooled motors.... the motor oil provides more than 70 percent of the cooling, while air flow provides the remainder.

if and when he gets it up here ?, i'll go through it really good, get it all cleaned out, back together, get it shipped back down to him. I can't do a test run ?, but it will run, and run good on my end..lol.

• Like 1

Yep it'll be a great 300 motor again, even if it gets repainted in the wrong color (silver?) for optimum heat exchange. 🙂

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, retro said:

Yep it'll be a great 300 motor again, even if it gets repainted in the wrong color (silver?) for optimum heat exchange. 🙂

haha..I wont paint it...sooo..he's safe from my silver paint !..lol.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 9:42 AM, Fishfiles said:

Which brand gasket kit do you prefer !!!

Remember from the 300 Shade did for me on the other board, Windarosa and Quadboss are the same gasket kit.  I think Quadboss is one of these companies that just repacks other people's products.

https://www.hondaatvforums.net/threads/1997-trx300fw.127794/post-1274612

hot dang...you finally started getting the motor out !!..lol.

• Like 3

Started pulling the engine , going to have to pull the skid plate or maybe use a hole saw and put a couple of holes for the two inside foot peg holes , should just take it off , trying to take off  as little as possible 

Going to do a couple of upgrades while as well :

I got another set of rear flat/smooth 1st gen fender flares , they hard to come by now days ( my favorite )  , those got messed up when we put my wife's front tires on the rear rack and towed her home  when she broke a tie rod end deep in the woods , the bike shifted and her tire went on the flare , messed up both sides 

Got an oil cooler sitting on the front rack , you can see hoses peeking out ,  going to do a relocation with a fan on the front rack ----which is going to need the next upgrade for it to fit 

Going to get a Boss 4 pod sound system and get the sound tube off the front rack , it jams well but takes up too much room -----going to mount that tube under  the roof of the golf cart  

And I am sure before it is over something will get upgraded 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shadetree said:

hot dang...you finally started getting the motor out !!..lol.

yep , if company would have not stopped by , I would have been farther along 

This is how them fender flares got messed up , not the same incident ,  just the same procedure with a pink 300 on my back with broken tie rod end , LOL 

140719_019.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fishfiles said:

This is how them fender flares got messed up , not the same incident ,  just the same procedure with a pink 300 on my back with broken tie rod end , LOL 

140719_019.jpg

fish's wrecker service ?..lol.