Fishfiles

TRX300FW - 1995

3rd on the number 9 for the correct bearing on the right side cover. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, toodeep said:

Thank you, it is confirmed and ordered , $24 from partzilla ---did  you ever see a bearing like that one with the plastic shield seal under a metal dust shield , we think that bearing is off a 250SX 

I have but my memory isn't working to say which machines and where it is used. When I get the computer out again I'll do some more looking. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Thank you, it is confirmed and ordered , $24 from partzilla ---did  you ever see a bearing like that one with the plastic shield seal under a metal dust shield , we think that bearing is off a 250SX 

You was correct on the 250sx but it's also the correct one for the 300s. My memory was playing tricks because it's used in the 400, 450, 500 as well. I very seldom have to pull that bearing out though unless it gets bonded up on the crank when removing the cover. I have never seen one come apart like that though.

23 hours ago, toodeep said:

I would think the bearing that was in there  can't be the correct one to go in the recess of the right side cover on the end of the crank??? , I would think the seal side if put in with the seal  side facing the cover it doesn't allow free flow of oil from the journal to the bearing  , except some leakage  around the edges ----------  or is that seal suppose to be facing the engine and not the cover and hold oil in  ??  I don't think that is the case as I seem to remember see the bearings and not the seal on ones I have taken apart ----I think the bearing that is suppose to got there has no side seals on either side ????? 

did you notice the letters after the number , the bearing numbers are the same the suffix letters are different between the bearing that was in there and the number in the fiche from Partzilla 

I'm not up on the suffix on the bearings but the design is the same. Once you get the new one you'll find out. The sealed side does go towards the case though, I know that much.

27 minutes ago, toodeep said:

I'm not up on the suffix on the bearings but the design is the same. Once you get the new one you'll find out. The sealed side does go towards the case though, I know that much.

Yep , I guess we will see what shows up ---------  just seems to me that with the shield facing the case , it will restrict the oil flow coming from the journal which is  on the back side of that bearing trying to push oil thru the shield  , but I really don't know  , I have a couple of cases off of engines in the shed , got to remember to look tomorrow for one and pull a bearing out , check the numbers and see if there are shields on the back side of them 

You know your stuff TooDeep , I found a pic of an OEM Bearing on e-bay and it shows a shield on one side  for the #9 https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-91009-HA0-004-BEARING-6303SP/283453963134?epid=1023047476&hash=item41ff2c3b7e:g:LnEAAOSwjKdZ5M4s

the one that was in there , that number does only come up in threads on 250sx and 250ES engines , no where else has that number popped up 

image.png

• Like 1

I gave myself a headache over thinking about  that bearing shield , it just seems there would be a restriction of oil flow with it , but maybe that restriction is need to maintain oil pressure in the entire system , seems like a Honda Engineering  question , maybe I need to go to Facebook for some expert advice , LOL   ----

I consider myself lucky for shutting down riding  this bike at the first signs of her running a temperature ( pardon the pun in this time of flu epidemic ) before it did a total melt down , that plastic in the bearing couldn't have been there too long or it would have shredded it up  and sent more trash thru the system 

Wonder the possibility that that entire cover is off another engine since the bearing carries a different number , which then leads me to thinking that the other left  side and this right side cover are not original to my engine , cause I had no port hole for rotating the engine on the left side ( it was a 2 wheel drive starter cover ) , remember this was a free powder coat job added on top a total rebuild , who knows what I got , LOL  it is a ky'odell for sure , but ky'odells can make the best pets if your a dog lover and I love her ---I have come to the conclusion , that there are a bunch of different year / model  parts on this engine 

on a different note , Something TooDeep brought up was that extra bolt in the right side cover , Shade and I were just talking about that same thing a few days ago , Shade brought it up that he had ran across it , and I have just learned from TooDeep , that what I must have is my  92 blue 300  has the later model right side cover on the early case engine , cause  there is hole and a tab in the cover but no where to stick that extra bolt ( I need to take and post a pic of that , might help someone in the future ) 

an old pic :

fullsizeoutput_3ff.jpeg

I know when this one does  back running , it will have a relocated double stacker oil cooler with a fan ( not that it ever had a fan to start with  ) here are a few pics of the oil cooler I built for my 450 , low budget it cost under $100 to pull off , with a little help from my sheet  metal buddy who built the cover , two used coolers $25 each , a $50 fan , some hose and fitting and some scrap metal and hardware , might tweak it a bit and incorporate the light bar into the cover along with two front speaker pods , going to send that icth to the beauty parlor and send her butt  , LOL 

I also plan on this cooler set up to go with a thermo controller , like the Retro Gizmo , that I have found 

IMG_6550.JPG

fullsizeoutput_83d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_84c.jpeg

IMG_8303.JPG

• Like 2

Went to the shed of doom and dug up a side cover , pulled the bearing , same number as my case with the 5 suffix letters  6303RUED2 and the tin shield has a thin rubber seal impregnated to it and the tin shield  goes into the cover  first ----------   also dug up a timing chain adjuster and a nice clean tank screen , never found a starter drive thrust washer yet , got some digging to do ----- got side tracked  

luknWajST+SyV9sbpLBkNw.jpg

AEhlolaUSc6eWn4+MEK5Ng.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Went to the shed of doom and dug up a side cover , pulled the bearing , same number as my case with the 5 suffix letters  6303RUED2 and the tin shield has a thin rubber seal impregnated to it and the tin shield  goes into the cover  first ----------   also dug up a timing chain adjuster and a nice clean tank screen , never found a starter drive thrust washer yet , got some digging to do ----- got side tracked  

luknWajST+SyV9sbpLBkNw.jpg

AEhlolaUSc6eWn4+MEK5Ng.jpg

Shed of wonders more like.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Scored on a second cooler for my double cooler /relocate build  , already had the first cooler , it comes with the hoses with are important as I cut the steel crimps off the ends of the hoses and the fittings  are  hose barb fittings ----------  you can't beat PSN , $11.99 with free shipping , next up looking for a deal on the automotive fan and a fan controller gizmo 

I have some special made Banjo adaptor fittings for the 300 oil cooler hose connections to the side cover and the head ---- there is one guy that sells oil filter covers drilled and tapped for the fitting , or you can easily do that mod your self , then there is another guy that I got my fittings from , they are Banjo thread on one side and 1/8 tpt on the other side and you just adapt from his adaptor to a hose barb , clean connection 

fullsizeoutput_bc0.jpeg

10 hours ago, TRX Student said:

Shed of wonders more like.

It is a mess in there , all the boxes are packed with 300 , 450 , 250 and 200 parts --- I would be into selling some small parts , not into shipping anything big 

This is the fan controller I got coming , it is LED digital and adjustable , can control two fans  ---- as  far as being water proof , no mention , I doubt it , I can work around that ----- easy connection  you just stick the temp probe into the fins --------  well shell see 

fullsizeoutput_bc1.jpeg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

That looks like my shop Fish!  LOL

I never thought of it as a shop before , use to be a chicken coup and the shelves are laying boxes , been thinking of putting shelves on the other sides , but might go with another set of laying boxes on the other side , LOL , the boxes actually work better than just shelves as you can stack like stuff in each box , fit more stuff and keep it separated and the shelves would sag ---  you never know I might go back to chicken farming , cause eggs are getting hard to get at the stores and ain't nothing wrong with rooster soup , LOL 

• Like 1

Parts are still coming , got a DID TRX250 chain in the mail yesterday , still waiting on some stuff , ain't messed with the 300 any , been busy prepping ----

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Parts are still coming , got a DID TRX250 chain in the mail yesterday , still waiting on some stuff , ain't messed with the 300 any , been busy prepping ----

This is good to know, fingers crossed my parts make it too.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 4:10 PM, Fishfiles said:

This is how them fender flares got messed up , not the same incident ,  just the same procedure with a pink 300 on my back with broken tie rod end , LOL 

140719_019.jpg

Please spade or nurture your Atv. Lol

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Loosemarbles said:

Please spade or nurture your Atv. Lol

rofl, i have no words at all for this comment !...lol.

• Like 1

Worked on the 300 a bit today , when I took off the left side cover , the power coating is thick on the inside of the cover , don't l know how I am going to get that stuff off , there was  excessive Honda Bond on the starter gear cover which is likely where the stuff on the screen came from  , oil pump has marks from something going thru it  , started gathering the pars for a cooler set up , cut the crimps and got the hoses off the cooler fittings , and the adjustable  fan controller came in 

sfbMlKdQRTmNINId+GuAng.jpg

m7YsTAVdQRudqqibwKKGwg.jpg

xl%EwgwKR5Kk3%%w6ZfJ4A.jpg

nfLsVsKSS8OwPHRE6O%Chw.jpg

fullsizeoutput_bcc.jpeg

• Like 3

fish, figure out where and how you are going to mount that fan controller to keep it dry?