Fishfiles

TRX300FW - 1995

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

do you run the throttle controller... at that angle ?? on purpose ? .... I've always wanted to ask ... each time i see the handle bars 

Throttle controller ???   No , it is the Volume controller for the sound system ....

I got a bit done , wired the batteries together , extended the rear speaker wire with soldier and heat shrink , made a bushing for the rear rack hatch  ( I need to take a pic of that ) , took the metal decal plate off the fender , where I always put my foot and mounted a diamond checker plate of aluminum in it's place 

no, i see the volume dail.... i was talking about the thumb thottle ... it's  turned up... i was curious... if the angle helps .. kind of like what i do adjusting the foot  shifter (one spline up) i could see this angle helping while one stands during riding.... that angle would come in handy for me at times ... 

I like it like that , moved it around till it was comfortable   --- give your throttle  a spin and try it out ---   

Wiring to the rear  is finished , now for the cluster funk in the front , for some one that don't like wires , I have a bunch of them 

1 inch electrical pvc pipe with about 3/8 cut out the length will snap right over the rack , cut out for the cross bar and after it is clamped it is snug fit and pivots when opened 

fullsizeoutput_c83.jpeg

ct78bQOnTBKbOVIYtFSCkw.jpg

moRq2I8dR4q6Poz7RfRLRw.jpg

YXw4fHtaTTCy%3XgDSmeGA.jpg

LGIN8i1BTXSvk8g5TunzIw.jpg

• Like 4

Good to know on that PVC.  Beats buying those OEM bushings over and over again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Good to know on that PVC.  Beats buying those OEM bushings over and over again.

And it makes it a lot more solid than the OEM bushings 

Started at the front with wires ---- my led light bar and led pods replacing the OEM lights  were hooked to a toggle switches  , wired them  into the OEM light switch , 2 pods on the low beam switch and the 20 inch light  bar on the  high beam switch , which is fine , except it would be nice to take it to the next level and  have the 2 pods pods on low and both pods and bar on high beam , but I would guess this would take a diode , seems I read about this on the old site and it might have been Jeep talking about how to do it ----I know Mel and Retro must have a tip on how to pull it off 

qouUsizjTkaYiWiNCAz%OA.jpg

nQ7f8gukQe+v1fzrem8wjw.jpg

• Like 2

The rear  led pods were connected to a toggle , the switch got rusty/corroded  inside and you had to flip it several times to get the lights  to come on , picked up a new switch and this time trying something different , took the old one apart to see where to drilled a hole in the case with out hitting the mechanism and used a aero-soil can of de-electric grease and pumped the switch full of the D.E. grease ---don't have to worry about night ride tail-gaters 

50prcGdQSyuTPboDaGQYAQ.jpg

mo6X%lM7SemiOQbZc9jSLw.jpg

• Like 3

Started back on assembling my 95 300 engine , put the heavier duty stator in it , got the stator cover on , starter gears and starter , used a torque wrench on the case , old school , LOL ----   flipped it over and started piecing together the clutch cover parts , and can't find the brand new in the box DID timing chain that I bought for this project ---- so that is stopping me from going any farther right now 

fullsizeoutput_c47.jpeg

XWPGWmgEQ2SQDovsCQO8uQ.jpg

nXmo52GBQSew6EWjvyYsAA.jpg

qaVKtrrJRaOsja4o8yb3og.jpg

• Like 3

After lots of looking , I  found the DID chain in a box with the  EBC cutch kit and some seals --- think I have about everything ,  G+H did the jug , Shindy Piston and rings , was disappointed in the Nomura gasket set so far , on  the left side cover gasket  , there are 3 holes that are 1/4 hole off , all the other holes lined up perfect 

still missing the washer behind the kick starter , at least I know it is not in the bottom of the case , the case was split , and never tried to stick that kick starter shaft back in yet , so it couldn't have fallen in the case 

Well guess that is it for today , got friends on the way over and it is about 5 o'clock some where 

9P2BuW4aT%K67Cm7N3+qMg.jpg

• Like 3

Since this 300 won the ATV of the month, guess I should finish this rebuild / mod #5 

fishfiles - Winner of May 2022 Honda ATV of the Month

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Since this 300 won the ATV of the month, guess I should finish this rebuild / mod #5 

fishfiles - Winner of May 2022 Honda ATV of the Month

what..only 3 yrs later after i offered to build it for you for free ?!..rofl.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Should have taken you up on that offer.   

I actually started on it at 7 am.  It has been all hard so far.  Mud dobbers got into some threaded holes on the case .  Been tapping and blowing out holes and then hunting bolts.  Where do them bolts disappear to.  I think when Dicks built this motor years ago he used different bolts and I am looking for something that ain’t even in the parts cans.  

After digging thru a bucket of bolts , I found some  transfer case mounting bolts , and got the left  side of the engine finished , about to start on the right side ---- this one has been upgraded to the bigger stator and flywheel to match , figured since there is so much electrical on this ATV  and the wiring going into the crankcase cover was damaged I would upgrade it , hope it all works out 

Dug up a almost perfect centrifugal clutch out of a 2wd 300 engine , the clutch in this one had bad grooves cut into the drum 

also dug up  another oil pump , this engine was running  hot from power coating  coming off where it should not have been powder coated on the inside of the cover  and  clogging up the screen , was a bad powder coating job by Dick's Cycles , but ,  it was a free job as i was the guinea pig  --- guess you get what you pay for 

got a brand new EBC racing clutch kit with frictions , disc and springs , learned my lesson with the springs , really hard on your foot , going with the stock springs --- this engine has 54% reduction in it 

got a new DID chain for a Big Red 250 and a 250 Big Red cam sprocket ( Retro found that for me , New Old Stock )  and a Big Red cam 

got a fresh  jug that was bored by G+H with a Shindy piston and ring set 

Got new seals in the transfer case , but I am going to drill and tap the fill plug and pump it full of marine grease and Lucas hub oil 50/50 from the start  fr

6xNCXFq8QBGaIT0ZapdKqw.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, jeepwm69 said:

That's nice looking.  You're not gonna get it dirty are you?

Certainly !!! 

• Haha 1

My buddy been pushing me to finish putting this 300 back together , got some done yesterday , I use G+H , he sent a new Taiwanese jug , Shindy piston and Japan rings , I used a DID chain for a Big Red 250  it is a wider chain and also a Big Red sprocket and cam 

3FBNUZPvTseO4073mu6gaQ.jpg

2aKu%KPsS7Op1ySBux1t3w.jpg

Zd2oaIDDQhqaR+G39vjX8Q.jpg

• Like 2