_Wilson_™

Possible Fire ant extinguisher ??

Here lately fire ants have been on the move, so i desided to test..... Something my little sister told me about, works great on all kinds of flying wasp hornets yellow jackets etc..... So i figured I'd tell you fellas about this because for some people a sting can be a life and death matter.... There is no perfect ratio for this mixture, but i mix it 1/3 dawn dish washing soap, and 2/3 extremely hot water, but just a note the water doesn't have to be THAT hot, bout a hair shy of the standard temp for hot coffee......  And no i m not talking about as hot as that coffee was that got McDonald's sued, by that idiot who apparently can't drive  and drink morning java....anyways .... Made my mix, did some testing and this stuff works great on fire ants, the draw back is that water needs to be hotish, not easy to accomplish walking around spraying ant hills. 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 3

I thought I talked about Dawn and ants in the ground hornet thread ----------   the water doesn't have to be hot at all , I use tap water right out the well , and just a squirt of Dawen in a 5 gallon bucket of water so as to make a good lather of bubbles , it melts their exoskeletons , when you come back they are all melted into a glab , but it only kills the ones it touches  

Lots of good old  school remedies    --------      I got  ate up by ground hornets recently  and vinegar really took the sting away , they say baking soda also works 

Another thing is powered Tide to kill them burrowing bugs that make volcano mounds all over the place , some people call them ghost crayfish ,  I pour some Tide down their holes and they disappear 

• Thanks 1

Yeah ive heard the same about baking soda ...... I didn't know viniger works too i know it will take the painfull burn from being blistered by the sun..... Red heads are mostly fair skinned, well most are, however I'm not..... My mixture is part Caoousation, Cherokee, and Irish..... And a few other things like the kitchen sink haha! 

Oh so yaw call them ghost crayfish ? We have something in low laying areas that stay damp most of the time, makes for good mudding, but i have seen those mounds you speak of, but i have never seen what makes them ..... A highered hand of ours said craw dads do, make little mud balls around the entrance ? But here they are only in low laying ground especially around where a spring branch is.

3 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Yeah ive heard the same about baking soda ...... I didn't know viniger works too i know it will take the painfull burn from being blistered by the sun..... Red heads are mostly fair skinned, well most are, however I'm not..... My mixture is part Caoousation, Cherokee, and Irish..... And a few other things like the kitchen sink haha! 

Oh so yaw call them ghost crayfish ? We have something in low laying areas that stay damp most of the time, makes for good mudding, but i have seen those mounds you speak of, but i have never seen what makes them ..... A highered hand of ours said craw dads do, make little mud balls around the entrance ? But here they are only in low laying ground especially around where a spring branch is.

We have them here in Ohio too.  Drop a worm on a hook down the hole.  I got one out enough to see it was a pale blue crawdad.

So that's what makes those mounds ? Are they good fishing bait ? Because we have one place that's et with them......stays so damp, you can't even bushog there for most of the year  and plenty of mojito mint plants, i used to get a wad of it and chew it ....... Speaking of chewing reminds me, fish tobacco jiuce will help ether draw out, OR neutralize the toxins from a sting, doesn't have to be chewing tobacco spit ether, you can take a cig bust it open and add just a tad bit of water, and there you go. 

8 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

So that's what makes those mounds ? Are they good fishing bait ? 

I have caught regular crayfish out them mounds and I have caught  these things that have a head like a crayfish , but the tail is different , no legs , I have heard them called burrowing bugs or something like that 

We were working on a job and there  were mounds all over , we had caught some crayfish with a scoop net in a ditch and had them in a bucket , there was a gullible guy that we would always mess with , so Merril tied some string to a stick and had a 1/2 can of sausages , told the guy he caught them crayfish by dropping the bait down the hole , when they bite ,  he would pull them up , this guy stood out there trying to caught them  for a long time , then he says to Merrill , you must have caught them all , so Merril being quick , says " which side the hole were you on , they can see your shadow " , he went back out there and never did caught anything 

• Haha 1

Oh come on....... Now i know yaw wouldn't try to pull a fast one....... You do recall what I've always said ?? When we have the honda forums meet and greet.... We're going to have to keep an eye on some of you characters.....lol! 

• Like 1