HUNTERBREN

04 450 FOREMAN ES KILL SWITCH

I have an 04 450es that if you use kill switch when you restart you have to wiggle and monkey with before it allows bike to start,bike only has 156 miles and has been stored indoors since 09,anyone have any ideas on how to fix?I can get new oem switch for $109 if needed but prefer to fix,seems like internal contacts might be a little green

43 minutes ago, HUNTERBREN said:

I have an 04 450es that if you use kill switch when you restart you have to wiggle and monkey with before it allows bike to start,bike only has 156 miles and has been stored indoors since 09,anyone have any ideas on how to fix?I can get new oem switch for $109 if needed but prefer to fix,seems like internal contacts might be a little green

my advice: break down, and buy an oem switch from honda !. DO NOT BUY A SWITCH FROM AMAZON OR EBAY!!., they are mostly china knock offs..and they are junk !. only time i go china parts is when honda discontinues parts for what ever i am restoring to own or sell. you are correct, the wire contact points are prob bad on the switch, getting them apart are a royal pain !..unless you got tiny fingers and hands ?, and is very good at taking them apart, and putting them back together ?, i'd advise you NOT to take one apart !.

1 hour ago, HUNTERBREN said:

Thanks,I can got factory honda for 109,i'll order one

$86 at Rocky Mountain ATV

I'd take it off the handlebars and hose it out with some CRC contact cleaner before I'd buy a new one.  Can't hurt, and might be enough to get it working again.

You could also just leave it in the middle position and use the key to shut the machine off......😁

• Like 2

Thanks,I can got factory honda for 109,i'll order one

buy from rocky mountain atv. they are the cheapest around right now that i know of ?.

9 minutes ago, HUNTERBREN said:

I looked at rocky mtn and could not find,do you have there part# ?

35020-HN0-A11, but yer 109 is cheaper.

5 hours ago, HUNTERBREN said:

I looked at rocky mtn and could not find,do you have there part# ?

Go to the website, and look under OEM parts. Top left of the tool bar

2002 450FE

Then look under the handle bar/cable section

I’d post a link but Rocky Mountains website kind of sucks. That’s why I use partzilla to look up parts and then buy them from Rocky Mountain

i need one for 450 es,is that the same?

trx450fe is an es model. fe stands for fourwheel drive, electric shift, which in your case, is an es model.

Just now, HUNTERBREN said:

Thanks,I appreciate all the knowledge I can absorb

np :-). the correct title for your atv is honda trx450fe, we know its an electric shift, that is what the e stands for. the f at the end stands for four wheel drive, hinse trx450fe !. in the later years, honda calls them fe, te, fm, tm. fe=four wheel drive, electric shift, te= two wheel drive, electric  shift, tm= two wheel drive, manual shift. fm= four wheel drive, manual shift.

Don't forget on the 450 they used ES/S from 98-01. They switched to FE/FM when they added the traxlock for the 02-04. Now all the newer models it's all letters and numbers (ex. FE2) so it covers power steering, if it's a deluxe and the suspension with just a number. 1- SRA, 2- SRA w/ EPS, 5- IRS, 6- IRS w/ EPS, 7- IRS w/ eps and deluxe  Just adding a little more to the knowledge given already.

• Like 1