_Wilson_™

Anything big stuff related

Located this..... Never mind the smoke (nature of the beast as the saying goes) i was also reminded of (i think) Sierra .... Has a collection of model airplanes.... In this thread... I very much enjoy looking over his collection ..... So bro... I thought you might enjoy this as much as i did... 

• Like 3

What people will do for an adrenaline rush.......lol! You just know some guys (that aren't interested in the planes) are waiting to see what articles of clothing disappear.......  I figured theyed close the road till i saw that van pass... There's also a painter that uses jet blast to paint...that ones purdy good, no telling what the whole ordeal cost... 

• Like 2

One of my friends updated..... spotted a Pete resembling (not those silly tall turned out stacks) this one go down the road ... well first I heard the jake... i could see it was loaded with shell corn...the hopper didn't resemble a Wilson. could have been a Tempte...Sweet rig....

IMG_8233.JPG

Sweet! Hm..... interesting name .... slingshot haulage... i can see that beast pulling a heavy one bango string tight.... tripple screws and a  600 plus horse inline cummins... And high wide and heavy ? <<(nice!) (not nice)>> Reminds one of oprah winfrey.... i believe thats Australian road train specail and!.. those boys down under know there stuff! Notice something on the back i've never seen before... least not on a semi as standard equipment...propane or butane tank between the stacks @ATC4ever @Fishfiles @Macarena Man Any ideas on that tank ... one thing comes to mind... back up isolated air starter supply....the dang beast has enough fuel storage to stay on the road for 6 months straight.. i want one!.(cleaned up some loose the bull bar in place of a bull bumper loose the intake stacks loose the second front steering axle flat top sleeper loose the roof conditioner slam it Alcoa wheels chrome breathers loose the gap between the bottom of the sleeper to the top of the fuel tanks stacks need to be father apart and LOOSE the yellow scheme and go with matalic turquoise or something close to Paint scheme minus all the BS thats been added < < phattened up version) also... the true breather stacks are on the front sides  ...not those two in back....

IMG_8884.PNG

IMG_8885.PNG

IMG_8886.PNG

IMG_8887.PNG

IMG_8888.PNG

IMG_8889.PNG

IMG_8890.PNG

IMG_8788.JPG

I dont know too much about trucks TBH :O 

• Like 1

That's pretty cool.  Reminds me of the truck in The Road Warrior with that front bumper.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ATC4ever said:

I dont know too much about trucks TBH 😮

You know more then most people do....i think i recall you commenting on those multi piece (snap ring wheels) killer wheels...

4 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

That's pretty cool.  Reminds me of the truck in The Road Warrior with that front bumper.

Yeah..... do you recall when he fired it up ? Thats an air starter..... i believe that mack might have had a old school detriot plant... cant really make out the engine sounds 

this one is serious ..... the detriot re power isnt what impressed me .... ive seen plenty of re powered units chevys with johndeere 404 cid (both) natural and turbo models, Perkins 354t's (turbo) in fords Alice Chalmers 301 cid (turbos) in fords and chevys.... with none of that crap emissions mess no computer controls ... pure mechanical...THE WAY IT SHOUL BE!!! Ive drove just about ever small factory diesel powered truck ever made over here... minus one .... the rare 85 sfa sr5 extended cab TL-2 (pre chamber turbo diesel) Toyota diesel... inline is the only true power from a diesel .... v configure .... not as people have been led to believe..not when it comes to true ground ripping pavement peeling gear busting drive line twisting torque  .... and thats a fact! ..... had rice and cane tires on a MF 1130 open station (hot plant) .... had enough pull it tore the cleats off the tires over time.... and i was told the bull gears in some international tractors are forged so hard... the can shatter like glass... if measures arnt taken when some of those tractors are trailered...Rudoff Diesel .... would be offended at how the diesel power plant was once legendary... only to see they have become nothing more then light weight junk....thats now more used to make the air smell like fast food frys.... lol..... anyways .... this unit claims to boast a 13 speed ?...thats not counting low range in the t-case.... power is nice but for true power it takes all 3 Gears weight and power....pull for pull id put that beast up against anything coming off the assembly line this day in time... cause that truck will be around long after the tin / plastic junk has been recycled.... i doubt this truck has any china junk on it...nothing much that would really matter....old school american steel!..... 77 might be a devorsed t-case model... and id like to see her underside..... and the rarest ? The ford ranger with a natural aspirated Perkins diesel factory install.... i drove one like this and yup plain jane as can be...now let me lay this out.... just about about every farmer around here was all up in the air about these small trucks especaily when tax free high sulfur red diesel fuel was allowed to be used for farm trucks.... farmers went nuts snatching up everyone of these type trucks they could find... Isuzu pups chevy Luvs drove a few << same people make the duramax) Nissan extended cab 5 speed 2d22's I.E. by far the fastest / most powerful! small diesel truck i ever drove....dusted a 6.2 pre chamber no turbo chevy 6.5 turbo and the navstar v8s ford used. And no problem hitting the 100 mph mark....with spare power in reserve and those nissans are NOT turbo models just simple four bangers..... im talking wow on power from such a small plant,  Dodge Ram 50 turbo pre charmber diesel... not impressed at all.... and the the L (pre chamber no turbo) Toyota i owned.... five speed two drive bout 55 miles to a gallon of high suffer tax free red fuel... she would walk off from all of them sept that bad !!! Nissan .....  

This Toyota (GOLD) is close... the colors right... the lay out is wrong (custom job ?) the model i speek of sun roof power windows power locks cruise all the gauges plus a boost /vac gauge... yes cruise with a 5 speed stick.... pull out manual locking throttle and the alt / tilt cluster is also a rare add (pic) standard on this model.....

IMG_8892.JPG

IMG_8893.JPG

IMG_8894.JPG

IMG_8895.JPG

I did work on big trucks at a shop when i was 19-20, but that was a millennium ago  😅

Guy a couple houses up had a few KWs. Had a new metallic green one with black stripes (all were cabovers) back in the 70s, same idea as BJ & the Bear. I used to love that truck.

• Like 1

Sweet! Yer talking bout the ol aerodyne sleepers ? My first time seeing that model was also from BJ & the Bear ..... this one clearly has a cat 3406 (i think B aka mechanical pump)  425 hp .... could be updated being it has square lights ... i would imagine the trucks on the show were powered by cummins ? Least the keworths (I think) were ? Those were very popular... for a time..

then flat tops took over for Pete's.... over time the slammed / lowered (and less height cab) stretched phat look took over like this   

Haha BJ's new ride

Biker on my FB in England posted today his town got the contract to build these things. 

airshippp.jpg

• Like 1