BC-Buck

My Amazon review of Highlifter lack of quality (Disk brake kit)

Yeah i figured up there close i thought close  î 999+ but then again now that think about it mess .gestiment we low 

fish i don't how they are now, i haven't seen a snap-on truck around here for bout  9 years + that ratchet i swopped took place when i was about 16-18 years old, and most likely the only reason it was replaced is because the knurl (gear forged into head) was et up with rust, and would skip ...... He went with new guts, but nope it would n sill skip, but no he didnt want to replace it  i just kept on him about it and finally got newed up.... But i didn't fool with him much after that but i recall several deferent people took over as snap-on dealers,, but they didn't stayed long. 

• Like 1

New Craftsman tools and their warranty sucks now days , I went to Lowes  in Slidell , where they sell Craftsman tools , with a zip lock bag  full of broken tools and they said you have to have a receipt that you bought them at Lowes  or they won't warranty them , someone told me the Ace Hardware in Slidell will warranty them no matter where you got them from , if they have what you got  as they have very limited selection 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I am disappointed that Eric from @SuperATV has not made a comment on the original thread about disc conversion , they were giving discounts to members of this site

I have been a test pilot for SuperATV disc kits , I have 3 - 300s with modified 2wd disc kit , 3 - 4wd 300s with disc in the front  , 2 - 450s with disc in the front and rear and working on a 300 / 250 Fourtrax rear end with a disc conversion that I have not finished yet ------ All in all I have 11 Super ATV disc kits in the yard right now ----  and  I have had real good service from them 

i purchased the super av disk kit, it shows to be out for delivery today ?, i'll see for myself once it gets here, and how well it's made ?, and how good it compares to high lifter ?. p.s. i did pay full price for it, seeing how this eric member never showed up here ?!.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

New Craftsman tools and their warranty sucks now days , I went to Lowes  in Slidell , where they sell Craftsman tools , with a zip lock bag  full of broken tools and they said you have to have a receipt that you bought them at Lowes  or they won't warranty them , someone told me the Ace Hardware in Slidell will warranty them no matter where you got them from , if they have what you got  as they have very limited selection 

it kinda sucks for us old timer craftsman tool guys today, the craftsman tools we have had for over 20-30 yrs ?, if they break, you can't go to sears and have them replaced !, and even if sears was still around ?, you would walk in, they'd hand you a china version !!. i've got a craftsman mechanic set that i bought over 20 yrs ago, clearly has '' MADE IN USA '' plastered right on the case, still a complete set too !.

• Like 2

Yeah i go to ace all l the time..... And it's just ,Ike you said IF ? They have it in stock, because they  won't place an order in just for tool that covers a return but if you order it out right it's prepay for a certain amount. I hate to say this but as long as we have issues with druggies, pawn shops have turned into a gold mine on small items like hand tools just what they can snatch quick n shove it the pocket, and get gone.

6 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

You guys sound just like me. Made my living all my life with tools. Motto has always been life is to short to work with cheap tools. Had always had been Craftsman guy but not able to return tools is a deal breaker. Cant believe I am buying HF tools because of there return policy. I cherish dearly my old quality tools with some being handed down from deceased love ones. Dont know how I would handle if they where stolen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BC-Buck said:

You guys sound just like me. Made my living all my life with tools. Motto has always been life is to short to work with cheap tools. Had always had been Craftsman guy but not able to return tools is a deal breaker. Cant believe I am buying HF tools because of there return policy. I cherish dearly my old quality tools with some being handed down from deceased love ones. Dont know how I would handle if they where stolen.

i still have some craftsman hand tools that was handed down from my grandfather, too my dad, then i took them under my wing when my dad passed away...and they were made right back then !!.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 8:13 AM, Fishfiles said:

I am disappointed that Eric from @SuperATV has not made a comment on the original thread about disc conversion , they were giving discounts to members of this site

I have been a test pilot for SuperATV disc kits , I have 3 - 300s with modified 2wd disc kit , 3 - 4wd 300s with disc in the front  , 2 - 450s with disc in the front and rear and working on a 300 / 250 Fourtrax rear end with a disc conversion that I have not finished yet ------ All in all I have 11 Super ATV disc kits in the yard right now ----  and  I have had real good service from them 

Sorry buddy.  I completely forgot about this forum.  I still frequent the "other" one, but this one slipped my mind.  I'll try to check in more often. 

• Thanks 1