BENL

Clutch Cover Leaks

I have a slow drip from the cover  94 Honda 300TRX a really simple machine..... New gasket, no sealant , didn't think i needed any. I might have gotten a bit to aggressive with the scotch brite pad. Any fix it ideas would be appreciated.... Thanks Gang

Edited by BENL
Added info.

It would help to your year and model with the post ---- 

most applications don't use any sealant on gaskets  ( only use HondaBond or YamaBond and only  when required by OEM manual ) , and it seems the majority of people will tell you don't use any , but if you have damage to the edge of the case or cover then it might be necessary 

Could I use it only in the bottom half without it leaking or? Would 2 gaskets help? .... Whoops 94 Honda 300TRX a really simple machine.

Edited by BENL

why is it leaking ??. if you damaged the mating surface ?, then it will leak. did you tear the gasket ?, if you did ?, it will leak. when ever it calls for a gasket, you do not use any sealant. only other reason it is leaking is if you did not get the cover bolts tight enough ?.

It is leaking where it mates up.... I damaged it with scotch bright when removing old gasket. Someone used sealer on the old gasket I tried to remove. I have another cover but the clutch adjustment is froze up and i cannot get the adjust screw to even budge a little .... The jam nut will turn but they will not turn independent of each other.

On 9/25/2022 at 12:57 PM, BENL said:

It is leaking where it mates up.... I damaged it with scotch bright when removing old gasket. Someone used sealer on the old gasket I tried to remove. I have another cover but the clutch adjustment is froze up and i cannot get the adjust screw to even budge a little .... The jam nut will turn but they will not turn independent of each other.

Were it me, I'd put a skim coat of Hondabond or Yamabond on the case, the put the cover back on with the gasket.

It will make a mess when you have pull it back down again, but it shouldn't leak.  You have to have the gasket in there for clearance, so you can't just use Hondabond, but with both it shouldn't leak anymore.

• Like 1

Where is it leaking? I have came across a few over the years that the reverse stop arm wasn't seated correctly (I would guess they thought it stayed in place) and the spring put a groove in the cases when they tried to put it back together. A little high temp hondabond fixed them right up.