Asbury Boy

2003 TRX500FA3 ECM connector issue

Pin connector on ECM connection is not getting continuity through the connector.  Wire has continuity throughout, but not out of the female pin in the connector.  Is there a simple way to repair this issue?  It was originally intermittent but has became permanent. Wire is Ratio, Yellow with Blue, from Shift Angle Sensor.

28 minutes ago, Asbury Boy said:

Pin connector on ECM connection is not getting continuity through the connector.  Wire has continuity throughout, but not out of the female pin in the connector.  Is there a simple way to repair this issue?  It was originally intermittent but has became permanent. Wire is Ratio, Yellow with Blue, from Shift Angle Sensor.

only way i know of is to purchase a wire harness...but this is me..lol.

10 minutes ago, shadetree said:

only way i know of is to purchase a wire harness...but this is me..lol.

That's a tough one.  New (used) harness would be the easiest way to go.  Sometimes used harnesses can be found at fair prices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Asbury Boy said:

Wire has continuity throughout, but not out of the female pin in the connector.  Is there a simple way to repair this issue?

Try using a narrow sharp pick to ever so slightly bend the female pin socket closed a bit. You need to make the pin socket slightly smaller so the male pin on the ECM is a snug friction fit when plugged in. The trick is to not make the female socket too small, else the male pin won't slide into the female and may cause the male pin to bend and/or break when you plug the ECM in. Hold the connector squarely with the ECM when you carefully plug the ECM in to prevent damage to the pins... let us know how it goes for ya.

EDIT: Don't forget to liberally dielectric grease both halves of the connection.

I did get that to work guys with reshaping the ECM female plug. Thanks for your help.  It took a while, but we got it done and that part is repaired now.  It has another issue that is unrelated that I weill begin a new post about.