F250 guy

Good compression tester Honda 300.

Looking for a good compression tester, can you guys help me out. All I could find is bike master and harbor freight. They only have 14mm to 18mm adapters, no good I need 19. Where is a factory test kit? 

Edited by F250 guy

My kit is a craftsman. Got it when our sears store closed a few years ago. I can check to see if it has a 19mm adapter in the kit when i get home. Im pretty sure they are like 60-70 bucks new.

10 minutes ago, SlammedRanger said:

My kit is a craftsman. Got it when our sears store closed a few years ago. I can check to see if it has a 19mm adapter in the kit when i get home. Im pretty sure they are like 60-70 bucks new.

Thank ya bud, could ya answer me this, is it because of can decompressor that the engine has to warmed up for a test? I thought if it's cold that's better cause a true reading. Thanks

3 minutes ago, toodeep said:

The 300 use a D series spark plug that's 12mm. 

So any 12mm adapter will work? Maybe you can answer this, I'm wondering why the engine has to be warmed up for a test, is it cause of the decompression release? I thought cold or not run in a week would be good to do a test.

12mm with 1.25 thread is the sparkplug hole size. I do compression tests with a cold motor since they are non running when I do them. With a warm engine everything will be expanded and lubed giving the most accurate test on a running machine. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well it would appear you dont need a 19mm but just for anyones information. The craftsman kit i have goes to 18mm. I have to admit i was wondering why the utility quads would have such a big plug lol. The sport quads all use 12mm or 14mm never seen a quad with a 19mm plug.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, SlammedRanger said:

Well it would appear you dont need a 19mm but just for anyones information. The craftsman kit i have goes to 18mm. I have to admit i was wondering why the utility quads would have such a big plug lol. The sport quads all use 12mm or 14mm never seen a quad with a 19mm plug.

I was wrong after I looked it up and it's 12 like you said lol.

22 hours ago, Wheeler said:

My compression tester is from NAPA. It’s a good one. 

Could ya give a number so I'll have something to go on, I thought about Innova brand but chinsy reviews and im looking at OTC this is the link, I don't have industry connections, so I'm asking for folks that do or have had them, what do you recommend and use. 

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/otc-5606?seid=srese1&gclid=CjwKCAiApOvwBRBUEiwAcZGdGHvwlmecLMxjpDA4q0RwRyHmo_-NbSf3ajRl-5Srv9b0knLzU-qSaBoCug4QAvD_BwE

I don't have a leakdown tester so even with the cam decompressor, I should be fine, I doubt Honda posted leakdown specs anyway lol.

Edited by F250 guy

Craftsman 47089 is what i have. Has been used hundreds of times. Probably more since ive had it for about 6 or 7 years now. I do compression tests often on pretty much every engine i own or maintaine.

• Like 2

Looks like it has come down about 25 dollars in price since i bought it too! It was 75ish when i got it. I see it for around 50 bucks.

• Thanks 1

@F250 guy sorry I can't until I get home later this week. But I will!

14 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

@F250 guy sorry I can't until I get home later this week. But I will!

That's ok no hurry tonight, I gotta Red Kote my tank on my 300 anyway.

45 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

Here’s the one I have. Works great. 

997154E6-37B5-478F-8300-82BD9DE25C01.jpeg

962DE6F8-1F9E-47C2-AEC8-7EA295008F8F.jpeg

Thanks man I found the OTC 5606 kit on Amazon for 70.00 I think.