Nidahoguy

Foreman 450 no charge

Looking for any help here. Got a 98 foreman 450es. Been working through this no charge issue with no luck. My initial testing showed the rectifier/regulator to be good, all fuses good, no continuity to ground on the three yellow charge wires, correct resistance between all the yellow wires, but low voltage on all three yellow wires. Two tested at 1.6v not affected by rpm, the third showed 7 volts with a quick rev but lower at idle. So time for a stator. Put it in and still no charge. Not sure what I'm missing here. Did some quick testing with the new stator and still no continuity to ground, .3 ohms between all three yellow wire tests. Was going to test yellow wire voltage but the battery was low so it's on a charger now. Any ideas? Other tests? I must be missing something 

8 hours ago, Nidahoguy said:

Looking for any help here. Got a 98 foreman 450es. Been working through this no charge issue with no luck. My initial testing showed the rectifier/regulator to be good, all fuses good, no continuity to ground on the three yellow charge wires, correct resistance between all the yellow wires, but low voltage on all three yellow wires. Two tested at 1.6v not affected by rpm, the third showed 7 volts with a quick rev but lower at idle. So time for a stator. Put it in and still no charge. Not sure what I'm missing here. Did some quick testing with the new stator and still no continuity to ground, .3 ohms between all three yellow wire tests. Was going to test yellow wire voltage but the battery was low so it's on a charger now. Any ideas? Other tests? I must be missing something 

if you can run the atv, put a 12 volt dc multimeter on the battery, rev the engine while watching the meter, it should climb to around 13-14 dc volts ?, if it does not ?, then either the reg/rec is bad ?, or the stator is bad ?.