Kooch

88 TRX 350D CDI

I have the above bike.  I'm trying to find a factory replacement C.D.I (30410-HA7-650), but it appears that they are no longer available.  Does anyone have experience with the aftermarket units that are supposed to be the replacement for part #30410-HA7-650?

I see one  on ebay that is made in Canada with 15 years experience.  I would probably trust them rather than some junk on Amazon.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the help.

Baking?, no.  It's VERY intermittent...drive a little and it cuts out, turn off the ignition and right back on and it runs fine

I’d try baking it.

preheat oven to 450, put module on a piece of foil plug facing up, bake for 7 mins.

sounds crazy but worked on a fan control module for me, and AKATV has done a bunch and claims about 90% success rate.

if you’re module is going out, what do you have to lose?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kooch said:

Baking?, no.  It's VERY intermittent...drive a little and it cuts out, turn off the ignition and right back on and it runs fine

-What Jeep said above

Also, before I would do that I would suggest you eliminate you voltage regulator, coil and stator as the issue before you bake the CDI

If you lose spark and can bring it back by tapping on the CDI, its usually a sign that you have a cracked solder trace inside and its worth baking as per above method

O.K, but if nothing works, any idea where I can get a new CDI?

In regards to the regulator, coil and stator, would they come right back on with an on/off/on of the ignition switch?

Edited by Kooch

I'll have to get back to you on that, I don't have it torn down at this time as it runs well almost all of the time.