Currently

First battle scar - cracked fender

Discovered a 2 inch crack on front right fender side.  

Looked if there are any fender extenders/flares for the Rubicon 520’s and it doesn’t look like there are any.  

Don’t want it to grow, what kind of plastic weld kit you all recommend?

Any idea how fast the crack is spreading ? if it's spreading fast you could drills holes at the  ends to stop it from spreading,   till you come up with an idea to fix the crack completely  as for plastic welding..... I've never welded plastic, but my thinking is it might be likely  to crack after weld in the winter season as he plastic will become more brittle the colder it gets. Hopefully someone who has experience in this will chime in. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

They make cheap versions of these ------  you can even make a homemade one out of a Bic lighter  

• Like 2

I will start by drilling a hole at the end of it. Then I will plow all winter with it and if it grows I’ll just replace it.

Plastics aren’t cheap. They want $175 at Partzilla.  

I use an air/electric plastic welder (if you have any older body shops around they might have one) and do the weld on the bottom side of the fender. mine is a knock off of the Seeley welder but I haven't seen them in a long time (on the cheap side). It's as strong or stronger than before the damage. I haven't used any of the cheap versions offered now to know if they are any good or not. The glues do not hold, you would be better off heating paper clips and forcing them in like the "welder" fish posted.

• Like 3