veearnis

2023 Rubicon FM6 (e-steering/manual shift)

Hi guys,

Im new to ATVs and feel like an idiot. Just took delivery of my new ‘23 Rubicon FM6. I put it in reverse, backed it out of the trailer and…I can’t get it out of reverse!

Now I have two issues: 1, it won’t start, I’m assuming because it’s not in neutral? and, 2, still can’t get it out of reverse. 

I have searched the forum and see it’s not an uncommon problem for ES, but this is a manual. Anyway, it’s on level ground, I’ve rocked it back and forth to try and get it to shift out. Nothings worked so far.

I would very much appreciate advice/help on either problem. Thanks!

Edited by veearnis

1 hour ago, veearnis said:

Hi guys,

Im new to ATVs and feel like an idiot. Just took delivery of my new ‘23 Rubicon FM6. I put it in reverse, backed it out of the trailer and…I can’t get it out of reverse!

Now I have two issues: 1, it won’t start, I’m assuming because it’s not in neutral? and, 2, still can’t get it out of reverse. 

I have searched the forum and see it’s not an uncommon problem for ES, but this is a manual. Anyway, it’s on level ground, I’ve rocked it back and forth to try and get it to shift out. Nothings worked so far.

I would very much appreciate advice/help on either problem. Thanks!

HI Welcome to the site , I am not a '23 Rubi guy , but with the old school atvs you have to rock them back and forth while trying to shift it --- someone that might know will be along !!  

How's about a pic of that 2023 Rubicon , Don't think I ever seen one 

With it being new it's going to shift a little hard at first. Once you break it in and the clutch is readjusted it will get better. If the R is showing on the indicator you can start it by pulling the front brake lever (right). If it's stuck between a gear and showing -- that will not work. If you can get it running it will make it easier to shift since the gears will be rotating some (you might need to give a little throttle though). When they are first started they will run a little faster until warmed up and that makes them harder to shift as well. You might want to let it warm up if you still can't get it to shift.

If you can't get it started either by the front brake or trying to shift it back into reverse to get the R rock it back and forth quite a bit and work the shifter with your hand. The IRS gives some play in the drive line so it take a little extra rocking to get the gears to move.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toodeep said:

With it being new it's going to shift a little hard at first. Once you break it in and the clutch is readjusted it will get better. If the R is showing on the indicator you can start it by pulling the front brake lever (right). If it's stuck between a gear and showing -- that will not work. If you can get it running it will make it easier to shift since the gears will be rotating some (you might need to give a little throttle though). When they are first started they will run a little faster until warmed up and that makes them harder to shift as well. You might want to let it warm up if you still can't get it to shift.

If you can't get it started either by the front brake or trying to shift it back into reverse to get the R rock it back and forth quite a bit and work the shifter with your hand. The IRS gives some play in the drive line so it take a little extra rocking to get the gears to move.

That is extremely helpful. Thank you very much. I have gotten it to cooperate and it seems much easier to shift through all the gears and reverse after it gotten warmed up. Thanks again!