Asbury Boy

'03 rotating noise internal but everything works as it should?

2003 TRX500FA

Oil level seems to be fine, get machine running and warm, take it for a lap or two around the yard and after it warms up it has a sound internal of engine/transmission, seemingly on the left side that is rotational in nature.  Everything works as it should, but it is a noticeable noise, and you can feel it on the left side of the machine with your leg. Can hear it in all gears and all transmission modes at all speeds.  It does not sound like a normal engine or transmission noise, not a bearing noise.  I would compare it to something is loose internally and it's getting hit regularly during the normal operation, i.e. a tensioner or something that allows the machine to operate normally but is loose. Originally it started as a light "ting", aluminum like, so we thought the belly skid plate was shaking or something and we removed it (it had been damaged before and was rigged to stay on.)  It definitely seems like something fairly minor at the moment, but do not want it to become major, i.e. come apart and do permanent damage. Any ideas where to start?  all of the shops nearby are 6 weeks out before they could even look at it. I cannot find anything in the manual that would be able to be "loose" cannot find anything hanging that is external.  Thanks in advance for all the places to start checking.

If you could get a video of it when it's doing it we might have better guesses. Does it do it when the machine is under a load (turning sharp or pulling something), all the time or just random?

It happens all the time, once it goes 300 yards or so, only while traveling. I don't hear it at the beginning of movement, and it doesn't make the noise idling.