shadetree

1988 trx350D foreman 4x4

small update: spent a few hours lastnight out in the shop, doing some small detail work. installed the oil cooler on the frame ( have not hooked lines up ), installed lower front engine mounting bracket, installed header pipe with a fresh coat of bbq paint. then spent the rest of my time getting my little ele heater cleaned out, and back to working, got a little chilly in there !. some seals I had ordered the other day for front end might make it here today ?, not sure ?, they show to be in north little rock post office early this morning , no telling if they will make it here today or not ?. I hope ya'll aren't waiting on progress pics every day ?, this build will take me a few to get done !. its a slow process when you go through every nut and bolt, knocking off mud, dirt, rust, then have more right behind it too do the same too !..lol.

If I can get my seals in today ?, at least I can get the front end all back together, that alone will be a big step for me !. I have it all ready, waiting on seals, just killing time going through the small parts here and there while I wait. I will try my best to keep ya'll up to date on progress pics if and when I can keep my hands clean enough ?, and remember to take them !..lol.

• Like 2

On 12/14/2019 at 11:23 PM, jeffo21 said:

did Helmut ever come over to this forums? I noticed a post from him on the other site earlier

When reading a thread , you need to look at the date of the original first post and the posts right before the ending post , sometimes people will respond to a thread   that was 8 years old and expect a reply  , I seen a Helmut post also the other day 

3 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

When reading a thread , you need to look at the date of the original first post and the posts right before the ending post , sometimes people will respond to a thread   that was 8 years old and expect a reply  , I seen a Helmut post also the other day 

by helmut ?, what was the post date ?, I bet it was a few years back ?!..lol.

Just now, shadetree said:

by helmut ?, what was the post date ?, I bet it was a few years back ?!..lol.

oh yea , the date  was way back -------  I think that is what student saw , the last post was fresh , the post before that last one was Helmut 

^ It was Oct 9 , 2009 when that Helmut post Student was mentioning ^ ---- <*(((>>>>><

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

oh yea , the date  was way back -------  I think that is what student saw , the last post was fresh , the post before that last one was Helmut 

yeah, I have not seen helmut around for a very long time !. I dont know what happened to him ???, he just vanished. not even sure if he's still alive or what ??.

Just now, Fishfiles said:

^ It was Oct 9 , 2009 when that Helmut post Student was mentioning ^ ---- <*(((>>>>><

figures, some folks don't pay attention to post dates !!!!..lol.

• Confused 1

just checked tracking on my seals, they show to be out for delivery today ?!, guess i'll be doing another all nighter tonight !..lol.

4 minutes ago, shadetree said:

figures, some folks don't pay attention to post dates !!!!..lol.

Lol, *facepalm* wasn't me, it was jeffo21.

1 minute ago, TRX Student said:

Lol, *facepalm* wasn't me, it was jeffo21.

uh huh !!..lol. we got the time out corner waiting for ya -------------->

Just now, shadetree said:

uh huh !!..lol. we got the time out corner waiting for ya -------------->

Fish thought it was me, but jeffo21 asked about helmut and discbrakes.

Sorry about that Student , it was Jeffo and not you asking about Helmut !!! Jeffo snuck in there on me 

it was me and you are correct Fish. I wasn't paying attention to the date in which it was posted. it was an old thread but had a new question asked on it. Sorry for the confusion. 

just woke up from a ( small nap )..checked mail box, seals made it in, guess i'll head to my shop, and start putting the front end back together !. will try to take some pics if I can keep my hands clean long enough ?..lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mac102004 said:

Your really holding back on the pics shade lol

haha...you try cleaning off all this nasty crap, and yet operate a 1200 dollar smart phone ?!..lol.

lol I keep a cheap camera in the shop. Actually I'm pretty well always doing videos and taking pics while I work so nothing new for me lol

ok, here's a couple pics ( gives mac the LQQK )..happy now ?!..lol. 2 seals did not make it in today, show to be here Tuesday, then I can finish the front diff. pic of header pipe painted and installed :-).

IMG_0832.JPG

IMG_0833.JPG

IMG_0834.JPG

• Like 2

Just now, Mac102004 said:

lol I keep a cheap camera in the shop. Actually I'm pretty well always doing videos and taking pics while I work so nothing new for me lol

yeah, I dont have time always to clean this nasty crap off me, and digital camera's aren't free either !..lol.

Looks good shade. You must buy that high gloss and silver aluminum paint by the case with the amount of resto's you've done in the last few years lol.

38 minutes ago, Mac102004 said:

Looks good shade. You must buy that high gloss and silver aluminum paint by the case with the amount of resto's you've done in the last few years lol.

i do stock up on silver and aluminum paint !. you should see me when i get up to the check out in wally world, i think they must think i am painting box cars or bridges ?!..lol. i tell them all the time, i restore atvs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

why does the header pipe have 2 tubes coming out of a single cylinder engine ?

sorry if it is a stupid question  lol

14 minutes ago, 86 Rider said:

why does the header pipe have 2 tubes coming out of a single cylinder engine ?

sorry if it is a stupid question  lol

every one of these models are like this. same goes for the atc350x, which is the same engine in this model. single cylinder, twin exhaust into one, 2 intake valves, 2 exhaust valves.