shadetree

1988 trx350D foreman 4x4

2 hours ago, 86 Rider said:

why does the header pipe have 2 tubes coming out of a single cylinder engine ?

sorry if it is a stupid question  lol

Many engines have two and sometimes mores valve sets in a head. This maximizes air/fuel delivery and exit. You don’t see two carbs in this setup but you do see two exhaust pipes, because engine designers would have had to direct the separate exhausting valves to a single pipe or a double pipe. Dumping into one exhaust likely created Too much heat buildup between the valves. 

see the exhaust valves inside the head?

403907C4-EE5A-47C7-B30D-23D86C4055A9.jpeg

Edited by Goober
  • Like 3

goober - tnx for pic - i been lucky - never had to wrench on the engine in my 1986 trx350 

still runs great

• Like 1

just checked tracking on my front knuckle seals, shows to be on truck, out for delivery. I might get the front end back together tonight ?.

• Like 2

some progress pics, muffler heat shield installed, muffler installed, front diff '' some what '' back together.

IMG_0844.JPG

IMG_0846.JPG

IMG_0845.JPG

IMG_0842.JPG

IMG_0843.JPG

IMG_0841.JPG

IMG_0847.JPG

• Like 5

update: well, I wanted to do a first test fire on this gal, so I hooked everything up, cept the throttle cable, got all my harness installed, everything connected, shot some fuel into the carb from my trusty squirt can, as always...SHE LIVES ANOTHER DAY !!!. was purring before I even let off on the start button !!. yeahhhh babbyyyyyyy !..lol.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jeffo21 said:

that beast is coming together nicely Shadetree.

ty !, and now she runs !!..lol.

6 minutes ago, bcsman said:

Sounds good shade, all downhere from here huh??

yeah..sorta...lol. still got lots of body parts to clean, paint, install. aghhhh...lol.

have not touched this sense I did the test fire, decided to take a couple days off, long hours caught up with me. most of the hard parts are done now, its just a matter of cleaning up all the small parts, and installing them from here on out. might get out there today or tomorrow ?, and start doing some part cleaning.

• Like 2

Will you end up selling or keeping it? If you sell, how much will you sell it for? Thing is better than new lol

5 minutes ago, machinecrook said:

Will you end up selling or keeping it? If you sell, how much will you sell it for? Thing is better than new lol

it will be for sale bro, I have not decided on price yet ?, i'm thinking some where along the lines between 2500-2800 ?, not sure yet ?.

Glad to see you are taking a few days off, it will still be there when you decide to get back to it.  And will probably have more energy to continue your project, enjoy the holidays ....

35 minutes ago, bcsman said:

Glad to see you are taking a few days off, it will still be there when you decide to get back to it.  And will probably have more energy to continue your project, enjoy the holidays ....

well...its def not going anywhere ?, no wheels on her !..lol.

got the winch fixed, made some tweaks on old winch plate, measured, cut, and here is some mock up pics so far.

IMG_0859.JPG

IMG_0858.JPG

IMG_0857.JPG

IMG_0856.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, superrman77 said:

What are the measurements of that plate?

I dont know bro ?, I just cut a rough measurement for now, this is a mock up, but I can tell you this, just cut the plate the width of the frame tube, like maybe to where the sides rest on the long tubes, then cut it to rest on the front bottom tube, i'll know more later on here soon, i'll get you some measurements , this is just a mock up, playing it by eye sight you could say ?..lol.

@super, this is how I also made the winch plate for my '89 trx350D foreman 4x4, only diff is I installed a warn pro vantage 2500-s winch, KFI roller fairlead. the plate is/will me welded down, it wont come off !..lol.

I put an order in for a mini rocker switch, and a contactor switch to be mounted in the trunk, I will not use the old stuff that was on this set up, she'll get an upgrade I guess you can say ?..lol.

@super, FAIR WARNING !!!!, if you go this route and weld the plate in ?, MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR WINCH MOUNTING HOLES PRE-DRILLED IN THE PLATE, BEFORE !!!!!!, YOU WELD THE PLATE DOWN !..LOL.

• Like 1

@shadetreei see you have a speedo gearbox mounted—do you have a speedo kit for it—yknow the gearbox cable, sensor, head n all?

oh i see it has an ATC head.

Edited by Goober

2 hours ago, Goober said:

@shadetreei see you have a speedo gearbox mounted—do you have a speedo kit for it—yknow the gearbox cable, sensor, head n all?

oh i see it has an ATC head.

yep, I have the atc speedo head, cable.

• Like 1

@super, the measurements for the plate is 3/16 x 6 x 9. in the front two corners, you will need to notch them out, they need to be 3/4x3/4, then it should drop right in, sit right in front of fan. I welded this plate in.

winch is installed, now I wait for the mini rocker switch, and the contactor switch. I will mount the contactor switch in the trunk, will be easy to attach to the battery from there.

IMG_0863.JPG

IMG_0862.JPG

IMG_0861.JPG

IMG_0860.JPG

• Like 3