shadetree

1988 trx350D foreman 4x4

Some days are like that, you prolly made the right decision to call it a day or at least take a break.  Bad things usually happen when you try to stick it out and end up turning bad luck to oh crap.....

Wow those plastics came out awesome! I had one of those days installing new doors inside; had to stop before I ripped the wall out.

lol bcs, machine, yeah, I just said to heck with it, i'm calling it a day !..lol.  @machinecrook , thanks !, I hope it looks better when I get it all together ?..lol.

47 minutes ago, superrman77 said:

We all have those kind of days man.  I always thought the 86 fenders were slightly different than the 87-89.

the fenders I brought home from my buds place came off an 88 red trx350D, and they don't have foot wells on the rear splash guard to attach to the foot rest. but my '89 has foot wells.

Wow shade I cant believe that!!!!!  Totally amazing how messy your shop is!!!!!!! Baaaahhaaaaa!!!! Hahahahaha! LOL!

2 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

Wow shade I cant believe that!!!!!  Totally amazing how messy your shop is!!!!!!! Baaaahhaaaaa!!!! Hahahahaha! LOL!

veryyyy funny..lol.i don't work clean ya know !..lol.

Nice job on the plastics, does that bondo stay put? And what paint is that that sticks to atv plastic? Any special plastic prep before spraying?  Any primer?

5 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

Nice job on the plastics, does that bondo stay put? And what paint is that that sticks to atv plastic? Any special plastic prep before spraying?  Any primer?

thanks, the paint is listed in this thread, wally world paint, bonds to plastic, just a good light sanding after cleanup with some 220 to rough the plastics up, no primer. here is another pic of paint :-).

IMG_0898.JPG

got some mock-up work done during the night, here's some pic for all you atv pic pervs !..lol.

IMG_0911.JPG

IMG_0910.JPG

IMG_0908.JPG

IMG_0909.JPG

• Like 4

Our Walmart is so lame I'm not sure I've ever even seen that paint there. Their automotive section has really deteriorated and shrunk over the last 10 years. They hardly carry anything anymore. It's like a prison sentencing or community service to have to walk through the doors, avoid going there at all costs if possible. 

26 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

Our Walmart is so lame I'm not sure I've ever even seen that paint there. Their automotive section has really deteriorated and shrunk over the last 10 years. They hardly carry anything anymore. It's like a prison sentencing or community service to have to walk through the doors, avoid going there at all costs if possible. 

bummer bro !. I've got a Walmart on every corner here !..lol.

Looks great !!!  amazing how in your 4 pics above , in the first three pics the paint  looks darker then the last pic ,the last pic  is lighter and  looks like a different color , more aqua 

32 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Looks great !!!  amazing how in your 4 pics above , in the first three pics the paint  looks darker then the last pic ,the last pic  is lighter and  looks like a different color , more aqua 

may have something to do with lighting ?, same paint in all pics. and ty for the kind words !.

24 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Pearle paint job , reacts to light .... 

no clue ??. all I know is..its coming together , slow ?..but together !..lol. 

waiting on my dealer ship to open, then head down there, pick up a new battery for her. then I will get back here, and start hooking up some wires, cables, try to get the back end all installed. not sure if anyone noticed in the pics ^^^ ? , but I installed the mini rocker switch on the left handle bars, got the hot wire tapped into the pink wire from ignition switch. this atv did have the old style turn switch to operate the winch, but I wanted to clean it up some, bought a mini rocker switch, and new version contactor switch, no more old round style solenoid style switch !. now all the small work is making this restoration go slow..i hate doing this part of my builds !..lol. I need to fab up a hook some how on the front bumper for a place to attach the winch hook, might get that done today ?.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 3:05 PM, shadetree said:

well crap, my day just sucked !..lol. I was gonna get my fenders off my '89, swap my newer red fenders on it, then swap the splash guards over onto the blue '88 ?, that..didn't...happen !.lol. first off, my '89 fuel pump went to pouring gas out of the body of it !, thank goodness I had bought a new oem fuel pump for it awhile back !!!. got that changed out, then was looking at the splash guards, and the ones on my '89 are different than the ones on the newer red fenders ?..nope..wont work !. they made them different between '88 and '89 it seems !. the '89 rear splash guards has foot wells on them !!!!. the '88 does not ?, hmmm. trashed that plan all to crap !. and to top all this off ?, my '' some what new battery '' from honda, that has been on a jr charger all this time, some how..lost its charge ??..holly crap bat man !. I was going to use my '03 trx450fm with the winch to winch my '89 out of its resting spot ?, but that did not happen !...lol. sooo, I had to rob the new battery out of the trx300fw, and put it in my trx450fm. now I've got to buy another battery !..sigh. only thing that came out right today ?, is I got the headlight part off the red fenders I brought home, will send them back to my bud. did I loose ya'll on all this ??..lol. bad day to say the least. said screw it, i'm going in, done for the day, had to walk away before I tore something else up !!!..lol. oh..i did get my '89 cranked up after sitting all these months..lol..that poor girl just wont die !!..lol.

Don't you love it how those little simple things can suck up an entire day?

6 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Don't you love it how those little simple things can suck up an entire day?

oh yeah, I just beg for it !..lol. yeah..it sucks the life right outta ya !!.

got my hook installed on the paint front bumper, got winch all done, cables all hooked up, mini rocker switch working, sub lights working, tail lights working, new battery installed, bunch of little stuff, seat is just sitting on the atv. got alittle paint on the front rack, its hanging an drying.speedo cable connected an ran to front, i'm beat..just came inside, done for the day.

IMG_0912.JPG

IMG_0913.JPG

IMG_0914.JPG

IMG_0915.JPG

IMG_0916.JPG

IMG_0917.JPG

IMG_0918.JPG

IMG_0919.JPG

• Like 6

I got to ask , what is the antenna looking  gizmo poking up out  the front fender , a Sirius /XM radio antenna or a 424 kick out cable ? 

Speedo , oh , I thought Shade wore his matching blue speedos  when he drove it around the neighborhood 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Speedo , oh , I thought Shade wore his matching blue speedos  when he drove it around the neighborhood 

haha..veryyyyyyy funny !..lol. Wilson is correct, speedo cable.

• Like 1

Fish, you just had to go there.... (Thinking outside of that box again ??) Lol .i dont really won't to think about anyone here in speedos (sept for fluity)  that's just plain bad.... And if y'all do speedos for advertising atvhonda.com .... I'm outta here.... Lol! 

Fish..... Front swing arm, no transfer case, or open front drive shaft...so a 424 wont work, altho ...... If those had a transfercase, it sure would have been a super nice option! 

• Like 1