shadetree

1988 trx350D foreman 4x4

Grease , seals , availability , diffs , makes me think of something that some  will take as VooDoo , I am always trying to learning something new every day , this  has been working for me ,  pump that diff full of grease and hub oil mix , the seals and  bearings  can go pass their normal life expectancy with a little help from grease ----  I can attest to less repairs and out of pocket seal cost expenditures  since I started packing ..... once you pack , you will never go back !!! LOL 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Grease , seals , availability , diffs , makes me think of something that some  will take as VooDoo , I am always trying to learning something new every day , this  has been working for me ,  pump that diff full of grease and hub oil mix , the seals and  bearings  can go pass their normal life expectancy with a little help from grease ----  I can attest to less repairs and out of pocket seal cost expenditures  since I started packing ..... once you pack , you will never go back !!! LOL 

well bro, you ride in swamps !!!..lol., I do not, less wear for water, mud getting in where it should not. but..to each their own..right ? :-). my '89 trx350D foreman 4x4 still runs strong to this day, If a problem pops up on her ?, i'll jump on it, not leave it, so things get worse like some folks do. my rule of thumb is, if you take care of it ?, IT WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU !.

Ahhh Shade , I always say " If God gives you lemons , then make lemon aid  " , he placed me in the swamp , don't want to ride on my lawn , so I am going to " send it "  ...... but all joking aside , since using a grease / mix , things have be good !!!   Maybe if all the atv'ers out there would switch over , there wouldn't  be a shortage of seals !!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Ahhh Shade , I always say " If God gives you lemons , then make lemon aid  " , he placed me in the swamp , don't want to ride on my lawn , so I am going to " send it "  ...... but all joking aside , since using a grease / mix , things have be good !!!   Maybe if all the atv'ers out there would switch over , there wouldn't  be a shortage of seals !!! 

or maybe, if honda would keep making seals and bearings for older atvs , then they would not be forcing us to buy newer machines huh ?..lol.

Ok, here's before tear down pics of front diff, a pic of what a torn seal looks like, front diff ripped apart, and a few pics of the swing arms finally going back together. and some pics of rear brake area together. now I wait for my seals to come in, then put the front diff, front axle all back together :-).

IMG_0814.JPG

IMG_0816.JPG

IMG_0817.JPG

IMG_0823.JPG

IMG_0825.JPG

IMG_0819.JPG

IMG_0821.JPG

IMG_0820.JPG

IMG_0829.JPG

IMG_0828.JPG

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jeffo21 said:

Looking good Shadetree

ty !, she's getting there.

wish my 99 was a 4x4. I know I know you have one for sale. I was eyeing the dog house this evening

4 minutes ago, jeffo21 said:

wish my 99 was a 4x4. I know I know you have one for sale. I was eyeing the dog house this evening

lol, better get a heater in it !..lol.

5 minutes ago, jeffo21 said:

you do know ( or maybe not ? ) you can convert it to 4wd, will take some time though

yeah been told it could be done. which side cover were you needing shadetree. I saw 2 on fleabay last night and both were blue

Just now, jeffo21 said:

yeah been told it could be done. which side cover were you needing shadetree. I saw 2 on fleabay last night and both were blue

I needed a right blue side, but thanks to goober from here, he sent me one for a trade deal, he needed a '86 trx350 fourtrax starter, soooooooooo...we did a done deal, it showed up today, its red ?, but thats ok.

1 minute ago, jeffo21 said:

ok they had one one fleabay for 33.50

right side ?, in blue ??. I find that hard to believe for a oem right side in blue ?!..lol.

did Helmut ever come over to this forums? I noticed a post from him on the other site earlier

Just now, jeffo21 said:

ah ok no neither one is like that

this isn't my first rodeo bro !!..lol. I know what's around..and what ain't !..lol.

Just now, jeffo21 said:

did Helmut ever come over to this forums? I noticed a post from him on the other site earlier

helmut has not been on the forums for some years now, he vanished !!.

9 minutes ago, jeffo21 said:

my 300 needs to be repainted the fenders have faded some over 20 years

just buy mine, no paint required !..lol.