iamtherealJayy

Stripped threads centrifugal clutch

7 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Well they make them.  Figuring out the right pitch/size and then finding the right die might not be easy.

https://www.amazon.com/HIGHEMN-Threading-Metric-Cutting-Metalworking/dp/B09WTPXLT6

made in china..lol. least they are cheap in price !. i've never had a reason for a LH set ?. i've got a craftsman set i've had for many yrs..still works great today, although i did break off a tap here the other day..not bad after 15 yrs of use though !. why does the ad say left hand drill bits ???..but shows die's ??..hmmm..another reason i do not trust amazon, and ditched them, wont buy a wooden wedge from them now.

3 minutes ago, shadetree said:

made in china..lol. least they are cheap in price !. i've never had a reason for a LH set ?. i've got a craftsman set i've had for many yrs..still works great today, although i did break off a tap here the other day..not bad after 15 yrs of use though !. why does the ad say left hand drill bits ???..but shows die's ??..hmmm..another reason i do not trust amazon, and ditched them, wont buy a wooden wedge from them now.

No doubt those are "one time use" parts.

The OLD Craftsman stuff was great.  Now it's all just junk like everything else.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

No doubt those are "one time use" parts.

The OLD Craftsman stuff was great.  Now it's all just junk like everything else.

very true bro !!. i dread it when one of my GOOD craftsman tools breaks ?..i wont get another like it..sigh.

Did you read the warning comes with that die set pic'ed above , never read anything like that before , especially for something like a die nut 

Note: Professionals Are Required to Use It. Irrelevant Personnel Are Strictly Prohibited from Approaching During Work. "

Sounds like they are going to explode and chunks are going to be  flying 

I think they might chase/ clean up  a bad existing thread , but doubt they would hold up to making a new thread on  a crankshaft , as the crankshaft is hardened metal 

• Like 2

China special die arrived. Fixed the issue new nut threaded right on. But my squealing issue is still here. I thought it was the one way bearing due to previous owner installed it backwards and I just flipped it for time being but it’s still screaming with the new one. The gasket was also a pain to get installed. Oh and I 100% agree with not returning broken craftsman parts lol. It’s not worth the half hour drive to me to get a lesser tool. Should I create another thread for the squealing? It has it slight in neutral and it’s worse in gear. At a certain rpm it’s noticeably less but as accelerating it’s loud.