jeff

Having a slight issue 2015 foreman es

I had to jump it, i cheaped out and bought a $100.00 neverstart battery from walmart, I think about 2.5 years ago. I usually have to jump it after about no starting it in about

3 weeks when it drops below 50 degrees. It fires right up with the jump box. Ran it for about 45 minutes. Ran just fine, no issues no engine light, no smoke. Turned it off. Half hour later go to start it. It will crank without the jumpbox, but seems like it's not getting spark. This is the 5th time this happen to me. When it happens it cranks and I can smell gas, i check everything change the plug, oil coolant, there is spark at the plug, air cleaner is clean. No engine codes, no warnings, and 93 octane gas. Only about 1200 miles on the quad. After about an hour and a half to 2 hours it will fire up like nothing happened. I was thinking fuel pump but I can smell gas, I read it could be the coil, or regulator. So what do you guys think? 

Is it turning over slow when it does this? They need a good battery and if the battery is low/bad enough it will rob much needed voltage from the other systems to make the starter operate. When it does that it will flood itself out. I would start with a good battery since it's needed anyway and see what it does from there.

• Like 1