Alloffroad

2006 trx 90 clutch rebuild

My daughter's 2006 trx 90 finally lost the clutch. My question is... should i go ahead and replace it or would an adjustment do? If a replacement is in order what all should be replaced? I have never done this job but im confident i can do it with the downloaded shop manual to guide me. Thanks.

its best to go ahead and replace it now instead of adjusting it to max and it maybe working a year clutches aren't very hard to do just don't lose any parts. for what should be replaced definitely the discs and the basket its probably notched pretty good shouldn't need a pressure plate or actuator  

EDIT: and always use OEM parts not china crap

Edited by Harleydavidson

Welcome to the forums!

Have you ever adjusted the clutch free play? These dont have a traditional manual clutch assembly. Its a centrifugal clutch more like a utility quad. The trx90 my daughter has was slipping really bad when we got it a few years ago. Did an adjustment and hasnt slipped since. Ours is a 2002 with the stock clutch still in it. All you do is loosen the lock nut on the right side cover it has a flat tip screw down the center. Turn the flat tip screw (counter clockwise) until you feel resistance and at that resistance point go an 1/8 turn (clockwise) tighten the lock nut. Cant hurt to try it and see if it solves your slipping. I had to do it a few time turning in and out to feel the resistance difference. 

• Like 2