SilentBob

What is this part?

I see what looks like fiber or hair on the end ..... And no idea what that dryed skin looking stuff is..... Kinda looks like a air hammer bit, but for use with something softer then metal, maybe wood ill guess a carpet tool ? 

image.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I think this for sack work , lol what kind of  sacks ?? 

fullsizeoutput_1081.jpeg

Has  this got a blunt side, and a side that maybe used to have an edge ?  Maybe about (from the looks) a foot long +- ? 

On November 28, 2022 at 7:41 PM, SilentBob said:

Looks like it goes in a bulls nose?

Well It is used on cattle.... This is used for older calves yes it goes in the nose, and keeps them from nursing ....some farmers have no place to separate bigger calves from moma...and they won't sell (give the animal away) for a lower price...... And when she has another calf.... You don't wont the older calf getting milk the young one needs...... I wouldn't use anything like this... Bigger calves need to be separated , or sold when the price suits the owner...... If you don't manage this.... (It's called rocketing to the poor house) .... Now you said in a bulls nose, yes! Ranchers do sometimes ring the nose.... Some also use a ring chain comb if the bull is a good blood line herd bull, but  bad about getting out... The danger with it, if that hanging chain gets tangled up... They will not try and move because of the pain.... So you can very easily loose a bull, that's why it's very important to see them a few times a day....i also would not use that type of setup... Best do it right... Keep the boundary fences in great shape. 

So winner winner chicken dinner!! 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Has  this got a blunt side, and a side that maybe used to have an edge ?  Maybe about (from the looks) a foot long +- ? 

I'd say yes and yes 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 9:06 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

I see what looks like fiber or hair on the end ..... And no idea what that dryed skin looking stuff is..... Kinda looks like a air hammer bit, but for use with something softer then metal, maybe wood ill guess a carpet tool ? 

image.jpg

Kind of looks like fiberglass 

• Like 1

Well there's a blacksmith with a sense of humor..... Couldn't tell by the pics if these would work, but one heck on an idea for an industrial back scratcher / self defence tool.

image.jpg

• Haha 3

Oil can spout.....

I got one that will mess with yah...... Take my word  for it's NOT a mechanics stethoscope .....and the image this thing can show ..... Well...... You'll NEVER forget it! Lol! 

image.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Oil can spout.....

I got one that will mess with yah...... Take my word  for it's NOT a mechanics stethoscope .....and the image this thing can show ..... Well...... You'll NEVER forget it! Lol! 

image.jpg

Gee , I don't even have a guess on that one >>>>>  just hope it ain't a penile examination tool 

• Haha 2

It's used for artificail cattle insemination...... Lol!  The ones we used didnt have a camra.... You went by feeling  your way around...,i dont think I'd want a camra..... Some things aren't  meant to be remembered.... 

• Haha 2

At the flea market on Saturday ,  in box of stuff I found this silver gizmo that kind reminds me of a pry bar end , I foreseen a use for it , I think it might be for golf ????    Got it for a buck , took it home and it works great for lifting the fender buttons  ---- what you think it really is ? 

fullsizeoutput_10e7.jpeg

• Like 1

Hm.........I've seen that engraving before...... Princese cruise ships badge resembles part of that engraving, but i think I've seen that complete engraving on something else..but! Thats a guess.... I don't know,that gizmo would have many uses... ACK!!...... Just had a skunk drive by..... Good gosh! It's stinks here now!! ...... That smell will derail a train of thought...... Sigh..... 

image.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Hm.........I've seen that engraving before...... Princese cruise ships badge resembles part of that engraving, but i think I've seen that complete engraving on something else..but! Thats a guess.... I don't know,that gizmo would have many uses... ACK!!...... Just had a skunk drive by..... Good gosh! It's stinks here now!! ...... That smell will derail a train of thought...... Sigh..... 

image.jpg

I thought I had seen that design before myself , I was thinking a sports equipment logo >>>>  maybe on tennis balls --- >>>>>  it works awesome on them plastic push pins on fenders 

OscCXEnWQHOJPYvnCyq4zw.jpg

I been kinda messing around here, plus thinking about that, and i now know I've seen that before! I was 👀 👉 right at it a few  ago, and it hit me! 💡🔥💥💬🚒🚰👌👍 .........  I'm not going to give it away yet ( might not be what im thinking) @SlammedRanger bet you've seen that badge before, eh ? 

image.jpg

That's exactly what I'm thinking!  But whats got me jammed up... Is where it goes, and on what machine ? Maybe a floor anchor ? Or leveling foot ? It's got two holes.... I'm thinking one end bolts it to the machine..... And the other had a combo anti slip leveling rubber foot. 

Thats the old maytag logo. I would bet my dad knows what it was used for. Is the slot in it squared off or round? Cant tell from your pictures. If its squared off i bet its to loosen the lock nuts on the legs on a washer. It can get too tight for an open end wrench so that would be plenty skinny to get in there.

• Like 3

Well talked to my dad about it and showed him the pictures. He is stumped aswell. He said back in the 70s maytag was coming out with all sorts of tools to work on there washers. He would bet its from that time period. We are thinking the only thing it would have been used for was to pry up on the transmission shaft to get a c-clip on it. We always just used a small flat tip but this tool would have made that alittle easier. Aside from that we see no point or use for it on anything maytag made.

• Like 3

image.pngi think you are right about a Maytag tool , found a Zippo ruler  with the same Logo and the name Maytag   --- since the Maytag ensignia is on that lighter above ^^^ , maybe Maytag made souvenirs and it is not a tool to work on Maytag , but more of an advertisement , like a golf cleat cleaning tool pic above 

image.png

image.png