SilentBob

What is this part?

I am amazed at how much stuff has the name Maytag on it ,  if you go to E-bay and type in Maytag / collectables / memorabilia , it is endless the stuff that comes up , one of the coolest things I seen was a Maytag hit and miss gasoline engine 

Ya never know , maybe one day we will be retro-fitting our washing machines with cloned Honda gas engines ( from Harbor Freight ) cause the electricity will be turned off , LOL  

• Haha 1

This was a close hit :  Gear Mini Crank Crowbar Pocket Pry Bar Keychain Multi Tool Survival Scraper EDC

image.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snow Camo said:

With all that's going on we may as well figure a way to run our quads off water for fuel 😆 

I think we are going to have to run our quads on electric before it is over , unless you can cook your own gas , kind of like distilling whiskey  , LOL -------  either you won't be able to buy fuel cause the cost will be astronomical , or you will have to have an " Elite " card to buy it , kind like only the King's Men can kill the deer or have gas , like they are trying to doing with lobster right now 

I always remember that Max Max scene , where he jumps out the car , uses a hub cap to catch drops of gas leaking out a flipped over car  

• Haha 1

Wonder if Maytag ever went to push pins on late models , maybe to hold the back cardboard covers on , or such 

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

I think we are going to have to run our quads on electric before it is over , unless you can cook your own gas , kind of like distilling whiskey  , LOL -------  either you won't be able to buy fuel cause the cost will be astronomical , or you will have to have an " Elite " card to buy it , kind like only the King's Men can kill the deer or have gas , like they are trying to doing with lobster right now 

I always remember that Max Max scene , where he jumps out the car , uses a hub cap to catch drops of gas leaking out a flipped over car  

I'll have to find some land to secretly drill and extract crude from. When I do that I'll let you know 😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Bio fuel! We just gotta find away to get enough used cooking oil....phil valentine (no pun intended)  had a car a Benz i believe... Burned used deep fryer cooking oil.... After what ever technique he did to make it viable for the injection system etc etc..... 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Bio fuel! We just gotta find away to get enough used cooking oil....phil valentine (no pun intended)  had a car a Benz i believe... Burned used deep fryer cooking oil.... After what ever technique he did to make it viable for the injection system etc etc..... 

I know you can bio-fuel diesel , not sure about gas >>>>  I got a old operator buddy that messed up his New Holland skid loader and his Ford truck making his own bio-fuel out of used motor oil and cooking oils , I am sure if you take care you can make goodof it with older engines , but this new stuff is very dependent on good quality , clean ,  high grade fuel , just a little water in the system acan destroy injection pumps , on the new Bobcats I see $15,000 jobs on the fuel systems are common and not covered by warranty from water damage 

• Like 1

We should push up that video of that homemade diesel atv ..... I still think about that monster.... Yep..yer right... We're screwed..... But I'm going down with this ship if it sinks.... I feel for those guys... Paying that much for a machine.. Then added pocket cost for repares ... !.. We've had pumps last for years 30 plus years... And that's the older machine.... Even had a friend refresh one that went down, this is what he said.... He said the guts of the Injection pump.... Showed water damage from way back... But it worked fine..... As it turns out the pump didnt go in for a refresh... Nor water intrusion issues, but after he said, and i saw for myself... I said do it... It was already off the engine... Same pump refreshed years back still works fine to this day.... Just bout $500 for a refreshed stanadyne rotary injector pump.....and I've mentioned two filters.. Actually it's one... The 1st water sed bowl, next another larger water separator, then the main line filter... Yet water got in.... And it kept working.... Till manaul shaft fuel cut off seal started weeping.... 

Here is a tool I dug up yesterday , I think it was my Grandfather's , it is old looking and well made , kind of looks like a knife handle , I don't want to poison your mind with what I think it might be , so I will se quiet for now , any ideas ? 

fullsizeoutput_10f3.jpeg

• Like 1

Hm..... No point... But ill guess something like a oyster shucking tool ? Was your kin involed in the sea food industry ? 

Edited by _Wilson_™

30 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Hm..... No point... But ill guess something like a oyster shucking tool ? Was your kin involved in the sea food industry ? 

Yes , but I doubt it is oyster related , it doesn't have a sharp edge , but one side is thinner than the other by a little bit ---

I was thinking screen windows or upholstery  tool , but I doubt that 

13 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Yes , but I doubt it is oyster related , it doesn't have a sharp edge , but one side is thinner than the other by a little bit ---

I was thinking screen windows or upholstery  tool , but I doubt that 

my guess woulda been an old putty knife at one time..lol.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Here is a tool I dug up yesterday , I think it was my Grandfather's , it is old looking and well made , kind of looks like a knife handle , I don't want to poison your mind with what I think it might be , so I will se quiet for now , any ideas ? 

fullsizeoutput_10f3.jpeg

It is called a Snoopy. Used to open the doors on aircraft Dzus fasteners. I used them for years

Edited by Goober
  • Like 3

I just realized it looks like Snoopy's head 

I just realized , ( from Wilson's idea ) , my Grandfather not only was a oyster fisherman , he worked for Higgin's Marine building PT boats on the Industrial Canal in New Orleans during WWII ---- maybe it is a fuel tank key 

image.png

• Like 1

Look like it's worn down ? Cause LJ had a puddly knife old sucker... He used it so many years wasn't nothing but i

a tad of the blade left, but it was squared not round like that one so was thinking that one ^^ was worn down from years of use... I'll go along with you.... Say a tad thicker on side n thinner on the other.... Hmmm 

I had to look after goober posted that, and Well I'll be hornswoggled! By George ..... That's what comes up! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Goober said:

It is called a Snoopy. Used to open the doors on aircraft Dzus fasteners. I used them for years

Winner , winner  chicken dinner ------    You snuck in on me , I just seem your post 

image.pngimage.png

• Haha 1

I seen at least 3 different sized 30 , 35 and 50 when looking 

• Like 1

I got this at the flea market yesterday for $1 , realized what it was , very useful ------   it has the name Weld-On on it , which is misleading if you ask me , what do you'll think it is ?

GXduB5ywSZa%IgsnsmOHwQ.jpg

ZXV5GXuyROqphYoWGZ9amw.jpg

Can opener -- for cans with screw top -- Home Depot 

22 minutes ago, Melatv said:

Can opener -- for cans with screw top -- Home Depot 

Plumber glue can opener

8wQPPSxhSdqh%4jVYbs3yQ.jpg

15 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Plumber glue can opener

8wQPPSxhSdqh%4jVYbs3yQ.jpg

Would be nice to have.  I usually use channel locks.

• Like 1

I was completely stumped on that one.... This is what i have used... But channel locks would have a better choice... Besides that grip opener ... These visegrip chain pliers work good but getting them adjusted to size is fun to say the least... 

image.jpg

• Like 1