Madams92

500 foreman

I bought a 2009 500 foreman over the weekend you can take it out and ride it all day and it runs fine but sometimes When you go to start it it looses fire it will crank but it has no spark long as you don’t shut it off it’s fine but sometimes it won’t start back any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated before I go doing guess work buying stuff 

Welcome aboard.  First place I would look is your display.  You have to have an "N" showing on the display, along with the green neutral light to get spark when starting.

If you're starting in gear while the right brake lever is held back, you have to have a gear showing on the display.  For example, my 09 got some dirt up in the plug for the gear position switch, so sometimes when I would be in 3rd gear, the gear display would just show blank.  It would run in that situation, but if I shut it off and tried to restart it in 3rd (again, with brake lever pulled back) it would turn over but not start.

Okay so someone stole it and cut the wires going to the cluster so nothing at all works there but it’s weird how it starts sometimes and sometimes it doesn’t 

Are those wires that are cut unplugged from the main harness or still connected? If they are still connected I would unplug them so it rules out any chance of a short.

To guy I bought it from re connected all the wires but it still doesn’t work and fuses are good I guess it fried the speedometer 

I would start there. Unplug it and take it out of the equation. It's just a display so it's not needed for the machine to function but if something is messed up in it, it can cause issues.