Wheeler

Operation 424 rebuild..

Yer right..... i just dont need one that bad.... he'll get that asking price.. no doubt at all.. and i expect prices will keep going up for those units over time....i recon ill keep looking.... i still think they might come back out on the market... heck if wide open were to see some of the post in here about those units... looks like they would see bringing them back with be a plus for them.. and being they were already making them it wouldnt be like something new...surely they still have to have some of the equitment ..... to manufacture them ? Bring them back and advertise.... i bet they would take off quick... add a plus .... carve some off the original price.... i know if they did that im be in line right now.. and im sure i would be alone...

18 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Yer right..... i just dont need one that bad.... he'll get that asking price.. no doubt at all.. and i expect prices will keep going up for those units over time....i recon ill keep looking.... i still think they might come back out on the market... heck if wide open were to see some of the post in here about those units... looks like they would see bringing them back with be a plus for them.. and being they were already making them it wouldnt be like something new...surely they still have to have some of the equitment ..... to manufacture them ? Bring them back and advertise.... i bet they would take off quick... add a plus .... carve some off the original price.... i know if they did that im be in line right now.. and im sure i would be alone...

I figure with what they're bringing now that someone will start making them again eventually.   Money got tight last month and I think my ideas of building a big 300 one day will probably never happen so I listed mine and quickly sold it.  Got me through the month and I still have a used one in the drawer for the 300 I'll do for the little one when she's older.

• Like 1

Yeah..... i agree, im surprised no one has started just yet.... i think the standard price for the longest time was what ? Bout 395 ? Or in the mid to upper half of the 300 dollar range... and didnt seem to take too long before the price went in an atmospheric ($900+ ?! Lol!)  direction... hm..... i didnt know you had two... Interesting.... a tad bit of your pops habits rubbing off on ya are they ?  

21 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Yeah..... i agree, im surprised no one has started just yet.... i think the standard price for the longest time was what ? Bout 395 ? Or in the mid to upper half of the 300 dollar range... and didnt seem to take too long before the price went in an atmospheric ($900+ ?! Lol!)  direction... hm..... i didnt know you had two... Interesting.... a tad bit of your pops habits rubbing off on ya are they ?  

I actually had three.   I bought one for my oldest kid (that 300 that Shade did the engine on), which is currently mounted on her 300. 

Had one for the big 300 I planned on building until my 29.5 Outlaws got stolen.   I traded for those tires, and at that time SamUK was going to build me a GR, so I wouldn't have a lot in it, but tires got stolen, and SamUK disappeared, so I don't see myself ever spending $1K on tires, and another $500+ for a GR to have a big slow moving toy, so I doubt that machine ever happens. 

And then I have the little one who is almost 5.  She'll get a 300 when she's older, so the last one is for her

So i had plans for all 3.   Big bike for me is unlikely to happen, other two are for kid's machines.

MSRP on them was $369.   I had two new ones and one used one that I put new bearings and seals in.   Sold one new one, other new one is on the eldest's 300, and the used one will go in the little bit's bike.

• Like 1